View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Clue Mentalism
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:10 pm 
Penguin

I was thinking about doing a clue mentalism routine. id take the cards and have three spectator. One person would choose the murderer, the second person choose the weapon, and the last person choose the room.

The real discussion id like to know is what might be the best method to get the information?
Ive thought of marking the cards in some way, have one person think of the murderer, weapon, and room and have them right it down and get the info from an impression pad, or i could even have them put it back into the deck and control the cards.

To wrap it up, I was thinking of reading the each persons mind by having them think of the murderer, weapon, and room.

Please give me your thoughts. I think this will be a great routine. And any ideas to make it hit a bigger audience: maybe by adding music, ect

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Clue Mentalism
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:10 pm 
Penguin

There are many commercial routines already worked out for this, but if you want to make up your own version you are on the right track. Marked cards would be very clean if you are going to use mind reading to figure it out, another strong presentation would be to have the prediction made ahead of time. For that a force would be needed and some multiple out envelopes. PATEO would work for the weapon, card force for the room, and two 4 way out envelopes for the person (one for each person - i.e. Col. Mustard with *forced weapon*, in the *forced room*)

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 4:28 pm 
Penguin

Or you could force one of the outcomes, and use the one ahead principle for the others. I like the idea of Clue: plenty of "patterable" material about evidence, Crime scene investigation, etc...

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:44 pm 
Penguin

Those are all great ideas and Im glad that you like the idea of clue for an effect. Im considering let them choose any card they want (no force). However, i plan on controlling the cards and then i will start laying the cards into three piles and do a reading. Any thoughts ideas to further improve. Im just getting the ball rolling here. Thanks guys you are amazing.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:48 am 
Penguin

I like the idea of using the Clue envelope as the prediction.