View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Impromptu without gimmicks!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:10 pm 
born to perform.

I am just recently getting back into magic from being away from it for two years. I love tricks with minimal setup or even no setup, and effects which don't require a gimmick would be even better as well. I want to find out some effects from your suggestions to be able to perform tricks on the fly, preferably with common lay person objects.

One example of an effect I absolutely love and enjoyed for years is "Self Tying Shoelace", as it can be performed quickly and unexpectedly! Almost seems like true magic. However, the effect does require myself to be hidden to "reset" and even though a gimmick exists, you are left clean at the end. Another example (and an even better one) is "Stigmata" as it falls in the category of impromptu *without gimmicks*, and requires extremely minimal "setup". I'm searching for more effects along this category.

Post subject: Re: Impromptu without gimmicks!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:58 pm 
Penguin

Shinanigens by Shin lim is pure eye candy, and it is great, there is something for everyone!! But just a thought. I post some more ideas tomorrow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:00 am 
Penguin

Oh, there is also Dvs, there is a gimmick but you will never get caught.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:44 pm 
Penguin

take the time to master some rubber band magic ( Link! , melting point , and the marcus eddie rubber band link on the Five video danny and marcus put out) and just always wear them , that way if your ever requested to do something cool you have that to fall back on , I always carry two bills in my wallet for ghost bills , almost everyone carries coins so I always perform muscle pass and ill make up tricks with using coin vanish and appearing sleights. 40 % of what I do is mentalism I started taking rick lax's soul paper with me a lot cause not only does it make ashes on arm cooler but the trick itself is very portable for indoor use. and a deck of cards occasionally dosent hurt. id say carry a ring with you for simple ring magic or combine it with the rubber bands like danny g's ring on band effect on one of his dvds.

a normal loadout for me on any day is 1 or 2 quarters , 4 size 19" rubberbands and a sleightly smaller different color fifth rubber band on my wrists , 2 paper bills real money or fake dosent matter I sometimes use Canadian tire bills ( if your in Canada...) because the color on the bills tends to attract viewers and I find ghost bills looks amazing with these. but all this gives me plenty to perform any day , anything extra i would take if i planned on performing