View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Ditches, switches, loads and steals?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:12 am 
Penguin

Now; I've been doing a "3 Coin" routine for a little bit now, completely non-gimmicked and pure sleight-of-hand honesty (oh the irony...), however, I want to take my coin magic a step further to have a little more fun on the streets.

My custom 3fly and not-so custom Tenkai Pennies (or rather dollars) aren't angle proof, but I know a few gaffes coin tricks that relatively are.

My question here is; Where can I find good material about getting coins In and Out of play when needed? My favorite method right now is the one Eric Jones teaches in "An Extension of Me" for the Oxy Clean Coin Routine, but I don't want to use this method for more than that trick.

Thank you for your time,
~TJ

Post subject: Re: Ditches, switches, loads and steals?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:17 pm 
Penguin

When I perform 3 fly I stick my coins away in my back pocket as they fly over. If I have a shirt with a pocket then I may non challantly ditch a coin there as I go brush of a piece of "lint" on my shoulder.

Post subject: Re: Ditches, switches, loads and steals?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:46 pm 
Penguin

I tend to do the shirt-pocket ditch as well during 3fly, usually when they're examining coins :)

But are there any good ideas out there on how to bring gaffs in and out of play? Like in the middle of coin tricks, say I go from 3Fly, to Tenkai Pennies, and then want to switch a coin for a shell, so I can go into a very visual vanish and proceed with a One Coin Routine. I know methods of actually switching coins (Bobo Switch, the Utility Switch, and a few False Takes while bein One Ahead), but getting into that switch position is what is getting me.

I don't want to just stick my hands in my pockets and grab for a shell, but maybe that's the best way?..