View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: First time busking!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:02 pm 
Penguin

So today was my first day busking. I was out for about an hour and made 4.90. I wasn't even taking tips! Is this a good amount. I am thinking of going out tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes. So today, there were these teens ( 12 or so) who wanted to see more tricks, but I had went through all of them. But they wanted more. Any tips? Another thing that happened was that I did the invisible deck and the "invisible" card the spectator picked was the seven of diamonds. Then I did the svengalli deck, which I probably shouldn't have because my svengalli deck is seven if diamonds.

Post subject: Re: First time busking!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:09 am 
Penguin

Congratulations on your first time out! It would be a lot easier to help you with ideas for additional material if you posted the routine you use presently.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:36 am 
Penguin

Thanks,

I posted this late last night, so I didn't post my routine, but here it is:

Empty by Marcus Eddie

Four sight (Make partner of the spectators card turn upside down in the deck, then i toss the deck between my hands and the two others cards in the suit come out)

A mind reading trick with cards

Invisible deck

I only did that routine once because there weren't many people walking in groups, it was people in groups of two or three, so I stood there with my ropes, and did my fibre optics routine. When people stopped to watch, then I took out another one of my tricks.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:40 am 
born to perform.

I normally make around 150.00 to 250.00 sometimes. But it takes sometime to get that high. Keep at it and learn to put out some hat lines.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:14 pm 
Penguin

Before you invest in more effects, you might want to invest in Penguin's instant download of Gazzo's second Penguin Live lecture: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2649

The entire thing is on the ins and outs of professional busking, drawing a crowd, making a connection, converting that connection to $$, setting up your performance space, etc. I saw the lecture live (online) and it's well-worth the sticker price.

While I didn't see his first lecture, my understanding was that it was more the effects you can use for busking, rather than the art of busking itself. If you're unfamiliar with Gazzo, his cups and balls routine has pretty much become the industry standard. When I was in London last summer, I saw three different busking magicians, and every one did Gazzo's version of C&B.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:11 pm 
Penguin

I went out today for 1.5 hours and made $16. Pretty awesome making money for what you love doing. One guy even asked me if I do shows, which I do!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:21 pm 
Penguin

Excellent DVD!!!!
"The Business of Street Magic" by Will Stelfox!!! dvd.
Well worth every dollar you spend on it!!!