View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: whats the best trick with the best price?
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:59 pm 
Penguin

Dave V. suggested books, and I'll suggest some DVDs where you get multiple effects for your money. "Front Row Sankey" by Jay Sankey is a good one. And you can hardly go wrong by anything by Richard Osterlind.

Although I've suggested this before in response to other questions, if you're looking for value, Jay Sankey's "In A Flash" is the best $20 card trick I know.

But it's all in the presentation. If you are creative, you can come of with some killer routines that culminate with the chosen card being produced with an invisible deck or a brainwave deck, both of which are cheap, about $7.00. (Actually, I just checked, and Penguin has the Brainwave deck on red Bicycle stock marked down to $5.63.)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:01 am 
Penguin

if your new looking to place your first order on here which is what im gonna assume your doing brother , get oz pearlmans born to perform , get the one best trick idea out of your head and improve yourself

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:41 pm 
Penguin

DaveV wrote:
Books.

By far the best value and best kept secrets are found in books.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:33 am 
Penguin

Fiber Optics

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:29 pm 
Penguin

Dave's right. For like $10 you can get Royal Road, Card Control, Expert Card Technique, Bobo's Coin Magic and Erdnase used on Amazon. You'll get stuff used by Ricky Jay, David Blaine, Jason England, Criss Angel, Eric Jones, Mac King, Michael Ammar, Dai Vernon, Ed Marlo and Bill Malone.

Around 10 bucks and you can get a small library!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:37 am 
Penguin

Deep Astonishment by Paul Harris is one of the most killer effects you can do for anybody, and costs only $40. There's so much killer effects out there that are great bang for the buck, but it all depends on what you value as great and if that great effect is worth the listed price to you. That said I agree with _kfc on this one, and that is forget the best effect, and go for the knowledge. Get educated in magic, buy the books, learn about every type of magic there is, then buy the dvd's on the type of magic you want to learn (ex: Card magic, coin magic, rope magic, stage magic, close-up magic, ect.).

Example if you want to learn card magic, there's no better resource then Easy to master Card Miracles vol. 1-9, and you don't have to be rich to get them because you don't have to get them all at once. Just buy one dvd at a time, learn that, then save up and buy the next one, and so on till you have all 9 dvd's. The dvd's all cost around $30-35 bucks apiece and you get 10-12 tricks in each dvd which is great value for your money. And you can do this with any subject you like and want to learn. Just buy what you can, when you can afford to, and before you know it, you'll have enough material to last you years.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:13 pm 
Penguin

Lol...Copperfield said he used to hate that. He'd perform all these million dollar illusions and then do the pencil-thru-bill trick and always got more comments about the pencil trick than anything else.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:44 am 
Penguin

i really like skycap and smoke.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:49 am 
born to perform.

... Since you are at that stage in magic when finding best trick at the best price is most important... Right now it appears to be, Ace by Richard Sanders.