View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: NOC v2 Deck Secrets...
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:37 pm 
Penguin

I've fallen madly in love with these NOC v2 Decks...I'm torn between the red and purple decks. For those of you who haven't bought a deck or two, allow me to reveal the subtle secrets, that to the best of my knowledge are not advertised.

The NOC v2 deck is a solid colored back: red, blue, yellow, purple or green. They handle super-smoothly just like a normal deck of Bicycles. On this second version (v2) the white border is about half the width of v1. I've asked them to make us a black backed color...they told me they'd have to get more requests before considering it, but for now, no. No biggie, there's plenty more fun with what we have to work with.

Now, here's the scoop on the NOC v2 secrets...

First off, every NOC v2 Deck is MARKED! Only the suits. That may not seem like a big deal until you think about it. Imagine performing 'Out of this World' with an UN-prearranged deck, shuffled by the spectators, that with its solid colored back couldn't possibly be marked?

Or maybe perform Lennart Green's 'Angle Seperation' with a spectator shuffled deck, FACE DOWN, that couldn't possibly be marked.

Or maybe just a good old fashioned face down ESP color seperation.

My personal favorite is a color seperation using the reflection in a woman's eyes across the table...or stage.

Lastly, I've bought over a dozen of these decks and examined the back of every card...not one of them is centered. This means you've also got a One-Way Back Design Principle at your disposal.

Oh, and the price at this writing is only $4.95 per deck. Here's a link to Penguin's NOC v2 page.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/search.php?q=NOC

You can find the secrets of how these decks are marked on the NOC deck website which you'll find a link to on the advertising card inside each deck.

Have fun kids...

Post subject: Re: NOC v2 Deck Secrets...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:54 am 
Penguin

I like their look they look totally innocent :)

Post subject: Re: NOC v2 Deck Secrets...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:16 pm 
Team Penguin

Honestly, there is no possible way to make a more innocent looking deck of cards. I love mine (beautiful in their simplicity) and the markings are crazy subtle.