View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Black tiger deck mistery???
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:58 pm 
Penguin

So, here's the story:
First of all, I live in Brazil. Just want to clarify that.
So, I went online, saw these "black tiger deck", found it cool, then I bought it. It was about 20 US dollars.
When I received it, I really liked how well it handled, but oddly, I found the deck too hard to dribble.
So I went online to watch some reviews of said deck, and I realized my deck is very different.
First of all, the box of everyone else's said "black deck tigers", while mine says "black tiger deck".
They have "air flow finish", mine says "perfomance coating"
AND I received 2 jokers (normal) a extra card saying the ellusionist site (all black, not normal) and the strangest of all, a DOUBLE BACK CARD. WHAT.

So... why?

Post subject: Re: Black tiger deck mistery???
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:58 pm 
Penguin

Looks like you got a cool deck of cards. Did you ask Ellusionist about it?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:18 am 
born to perform.

DON"T USE THAT DECK! It is a collectors item!

That is one of the original Black Tiger decks. Ellusionist used to have a very special stock called the UV-500. All their decks were made with it. And they had a proprietary finish as well...The Air Flow. It does not dribble well because the UV-500 was a much thicker and sturdier stock than normal Bicycle stock. About two years ago the UV500 stock was discontinued. Also, though the finish is the same on the new ones, USPCC started labeling all their cards as "Air Cushion."

Congradulations on finding that! :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:21 pm 
Penguin

I buy multiple decks of just about everything ellusionist puts out. One deck gets opened and the rest get put into storage and are never opened. Black Tigers were an early deck from ellusionist and magicians were really hyped up when they appeared (around 2004 if memory serves me correctly). I predict someday these decks will sell for a small fortune...I mean, just look at them, they're so darn cool.

One of the first tricks I did with them is to use half of a regular deck and half of a Black Tiger deck. Then using a pass cause them to transform into a 'negative' like with old film. I know it's silly, but it's the first idea that came to mind as these cards really do look like a negative from an old roll of film.

Be careful how you order these, there is another version that aren't straight negatives, the ink on the hearts and diamonds stays red. It looks nice, but I still prefer the straight black and white version.