View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Good or Evil...
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:21 pm 
Penguin

Now, we all know that things such as Three Card Monte, Pick Pocketing, The Shell Game, and card skills are only to be used for magic purposes. But honestly, how many of you have ever swindled people? I know I should never, but I find that after taking a few people in pool , three card monte is a nice way to end the night (provided I have people covering my back :D ) And while playing money poker, a little bottom deal never hurt. So without lieing and acting all innocent, how many of you have used your powers for evil.

Last edited by Crazy_Hands on Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:26 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I guess you'll just have to think I'm lying and acting all innocent, but I've never used my magic skills to swindle people or cheat at cards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:55 pm 
Penguin

No I didn't mean it like that, I mean't it as in, I'm POSITIVE some people have cheated at cards once or twice with friends, and I'd just like to know who. Lol, and I'm not supporting it either, just to let you know. So don't think that I go around all night hustling people with The Shell Game, leave that to Chef Anton, lol. Or maybe I'm the only one on this board who even bets, lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:06 pm 
Penguin

Whenever I bet someone money and win(which I always do :D ) I never accept the money, even though most of the time people want to give it to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:50 pm 
Penguin

At lunch at our school, I do some bottom deals from time to time. So it sounds like we are the only ones bein honest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:04 pm 
Penguin

The only time I've used my powers with cards... I ent back to my hometown to hang with my younger brother (he's in his early twenties and enjoys beer). His buddies asked if I'd play in their drinking games. They must have bionic livers, but I can't keep up with them, and don't enjoy drinking to excess too often. So I used my powers. I think it was for the best... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 2:50 pm 
Penguin

IF some guys talkin smack he deserves to be taught a lesson lol. Another lesson. When ya win all the money, just tell them they should'nt be gambling in the first place lol. I'm sure everyone here has bottom delt and palmed an ace or somthin like that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:41 pm 
Penguin

"its immoral to let a sucker keep his money" from Rounders...a great movie by the way if you're into poker. ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:48 pm 
born to perform.

I've only cheated my friends, mostly at Poker or Euchre. I've never picked pockets or stolen watches or anything other than cheating with cards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 4:40 pm 
Penguin

I sometimes cheat in cards by using different card tricks, but later on i tell them and laugh. then i play a fair round and win anyways

MIKE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:39 am 
born to perform.

funny topic... me and my friends play a game called pedro all the time, and i dont use many magic tricks, just the art of misdirection to pull an extra ace here and there... but not all the time...

i should record one or two hands and show everyone my misdirection at its peak(wish it was that good at other times)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 6:58 pm 
Penguin

I would never cheat at any time, for any reason, anywhere. That said, I confess :twisted: to a secret fantasy about being a character who stumbles upon an evil wizard's book, and thus acquires all these powers. Then, in the fantasy/daydream, he searches for me all over the globe, I have to hide in a skid row hotel, and make a living pickpocketing/watch stealing a la Chappy Brazil/James Coats. All the while swearing that I'd pay every victims back someday. It's kinda thrilling, and sometimes it does worry me a bit.
Well I guess I'll never find out if I'd resort to these talents, but the fantasy seems to have escapist values for me.

Peter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:15 pm 
Penguin

I will most definitly cheat, especially if people are bragging about being insanly good at poker. I'll cull cards and toss in a few passes and false shuffles...hah, i'll do the works.

unfortunatly i never play for money, because...it's usually just a few minutes after school before the bus comes. ..

I have one friend who i just kinda thought it would be funny to mess around with today, and i delt myself the 4 aces and the king of spades for at least 6 rounds in a row....it was great.

and I've never kept anything that i've pickpocketed....because i suck at it...but i can get watches....i have a dream of one day being able to pickpocket like Coats or Apollo.... that'd be awsome

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:42 pm 
Penguin

I have to admit i did cheat this dude from school with my stripper deck but i couldn't help it! okay i could have i just didn't want to. We were using quarters for the record so he didn't lose that much money. It was still pretty Sweet!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:48 pm 
born to perform.

If any of you are interested in the art of swindles and cons then I suggest you get yourself a copy of 'PAUL ZENON'S 100 WAYS TO WIN A TENNER'
Which is British slang for Ten Pounds, but of course can also provide 100 ways to win ten dollars.
This book is only available in England (i think) and costs around £10.
It is written by a very famous english magician named Paul Zenon who is a bloody good teacher.
It is a book which shows 100 ways to win money with bets and cons which always make your victim think of themselves as having the advantage over you. The cons are all genius and end with a fair result
( or so it always seems ) and you can't lose. Contains cons for pubs, bars, retaurants, parties etc etc etc and has ideas on routines and when and where to perform the material, also what to say. it is a genius book and a laugh to read. I recommend this work of art as it has won me £40 allready with only 2 cons being played on my friends. So you get your money back.
None of the swindles require sleight or skill, just alot of front. And No one, NO ONE! will turn you down when you make these bets with them as they allways think they'll win, but they don't. That's a tenner please.

Example of cons:
'Hey John, I bet you can't lift up this shot glass of whisky from the table without spilling a drop, it just can't be done.'
'You must be kidding'
'No, in fact I'm willing to bet a crisp tenner you can't do it.'
'What's the catch?'
'No catch, you just simply lift it straight up like this (a small demonstration which proves how easy it is) and then put it back onto the table. Without spilling a drop from the glass.'
'You're on'

And with that he spills a drop (the whole glass in fact (and no one touches him)) and you win a nice bit of cash. How you say, well it is so simple, just like every other con in this book. It gets better, oh yes it does.

You can buy it from: magictricks.co.uk or emagictricks.co.uk

I prefer this little beauty to RRTCM or any other magic book and DVD and Video as it gets you cash and doesn't leave you looking like a con man. BRILLIANT NOW GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!

(nothing is stolen: only won...very easily i might add)