View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Asrah levitation
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:08 am 
Penguin

A while back Iasked if anyone knew about how to weld my asrah form. well, I ended up making a new one from scratch. I did no welding, however what I did was tedious but very strong.

When I performed the illusion, I used 2 flash pots at the moment of the vanish. I would like to suggest to anyone thingking of doing the same, not to. When I watched my performance on the video I took, If you knew what to look for, when the flash pots went off, you could see everything plain as day. Just have your spotlight follow the foulard down.

By the way, this illusion form plus table cost me less then $100.00 to make. One thing I would like to mention about illusion plans. Sometimes if you build it the way the plans say too, it wont work. case in point. I have plans for the mismade lady and if you tried to build it the way it shows, the doors wont open. If you want to build, find a friend with some cabinetry experience to look th eplans over. It will save you a ton of time.
8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:34 am 
born to perform.

BBUNNELL,

Just a suggestion, could you place your flash pots about three foot in front of you, with shields to disallow light from emmitting towards you, you know just flash forward? Just an idea :roll:

Brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:36 pm 
Penguin

I use a portable archway. The table was behind tha arch and the top of the arch provides plenty of shadow on the table. The sides of the arch are about 2.5 - 3 feet wide and the pots were about 1 -2 feet in front of these sides. The problem may have been becase the pots were not close enough to the outer edges of the sides. Perhaps with the pots further to the outside edges, and not so far in front, a shadow would have been cast. the problem is that if the pots are too close to the arches, I would hate o have the spaks mar the arches. Thanks for the idea. 8)

Post subject: Asrah
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:36 pm 
Penguin

How did you build a form

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:13 am 
Penguin

I used 24 guage spring steel. The problem was that I could not solder the joints together. I used different solder, I used a torch to make sure the wire was hot enough and other ideas. What I ended up doing was taking a small piece of copper wire 4 to 5 inches long, from an old "braded" extension cord and wraped the joints 3 times in each direction and then used my soldering iron and soldered each joint. then I went back and trimed off the extra copper wire. It worke great. Strong joints. I may make another form because this one was not quite thick enough from back to front. It was tall enough and wide enough. Took many long hours for about 3 weeks or more. 8)

Post subject: Asrah detail
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:01 pm 
Penguin

How was the Vanish accomplished after the levitation. It sounds like its uncollapsable, and how heavy is it?

Glenn
Email: Glenn@MrTrickster.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:18 pm 
Penguin

How much do you know about the Asrah? I can think of 3 methods off the top of my head. I don't like to give away secrets unless I know you are legitimate. Thank you for posting your e-mail. This helps keep the secret things, secret.

TTFN 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:34 pm 
born to perform.

I saw his form and it is beautiful. You did well Bruce.

Post subject: Weight and supplies
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:05 pm 
Penguin

Where did you get the spring steel? and how much does it weigh? Also what did you use for the base of the form? I have seen some that collapse and others that do not, is is a scissors style base? I was looking at using a mini asrah to float a doll and at the same time have a person floating. A Voodoo type illusion.

Thanks, Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:23 pm 
Penguin

i too would like to know the answers to thse questions. the ashrah levitation is a sppoky effect when done right.

the best i have ever seen is copperfields vertical one. that is pure magic!

Post subject: Asrah form
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:58 am 
Penguin

I'm sorry that I have been away for so long and hope that I can still help you.

As far as where did I purchace the spring steel, It was so long ago I forgot. When I bought it I bought plenty and havent needed some again until now because I sold my form to another magician and want to make another one. I am calling around to see where I can get it. I am currently usiing the "wire products' of the yellow pages to see what I can find. I am in Utah and so it may not help to tell you where I bought it, but I can tell you if I find some under "wire" or "steel".

As far as what I used for the "base of the form" There was no base. It only required a thicker wire for the "backbone" and tension in ther correct places from the other wires connecting to that backbone and other wires. Actually it was not an easy thing to do. Trial and error. Depending on how you float your form will determine how you make your form.

My form did not fold in half. My form weighed about 3 pounds. The wire is not heavy at all.

I could never master how to solder the wire without wrapping the joints with copper wire. If anyone knows how to do that, I could use you help.

If you have any other questions let me know.

Bruce

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:08 pm 
Penguin

Get the Magic Circus DVD with Asrah on it. Then, you'll see it performed properly.