View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Invisible Thread
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 8:43 pm 
Penguin

Whenever I use invisible thread it always pops. I either strech it too far or the object was too heavy. Also, the thread is easy to see for some people. Any sugestions?

Post subject: Re: Invisible Thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:41 pm 
Penguin

well your lighting is essential I usually don't do it outside unless it's dark outside, then it depends what exactly you're trying to do, gimme an Email and we can discuss more= Majikabra@aol.com

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 3:56 pm 
born to perform.

I know a guy that ALWAYS uses thread and hes smart. He told me to have your back to the sun/light source, and also it maybe helpful to have a shirt thats patterned, not just blank, like flannel or something.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 11:05 pm 
Penguin

I like taking out a stick of gum just before a levitation...I float the wrapper - It is shiney and very light weight. Also I bought my thread from a local magic shop and am not sure what they sell on this site, but mine is made from kevlar and I have very rarely had it ever break. Also a darker patterned shirt works really well to hide the thread and the same goes for the background. Nice hotels and resturants that have the "can" type recesed lighting work nicely. Just stand somewhere not directly under a light. Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 11:07 pm 
Penguin

I like taking out a stick of gum just before a levitation...I float the wrapper - It is shiney and very light weight. Also I bought my thread from a local magic shop and am not sure what they sell on this site, but mine is made from kevlar and I have very rarely had it ever break. Also a darker patterned shirt works really well to hide the thread and the same goes for the background. Nice hotels and resturants that have the "can" type recesed lighting work nicely. Just stand somewhere not directly under a light. Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 3:01 pm 
Penguin

they have new elastic thread on this site and that stuf streaches far, so you could buy that.

Post subject: My own personal "won't pop as much" trick
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 7:05 pm 
Hi,

I've played around with the thread and came up with a way so it won't pop so often. When preparing for the trick, wrap the thread around and through a safety pin and pin it to the collar of your shirt or if you're a girl wear a shirt with straps and pin it to that (safety pinned on the inside, of course). This will give it more effect. You can say something like (Nothing up my sleeves?) because you don't have any sleeves.
Do it this way and it'll be easier to keep up with and it won't pop as much.
You can wear it like this all day! Oh, and I guess it helps if you have long hair to hide the little bit of the pin that might be showing. Works for me!
In fact, I was able to do the trick in my bathing suit at the pool and didn't have to worry about it popping. Little tricks like this just make life easier!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:43 am 
born to perform.

check your lighting

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 1:45 pm 
born to perform.

Location: The Secret Playroom in Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch
wear dark clothes, and have them stand about 6 feet + away. i did it for a guy at work only 3 feet away and kept asking me how i did it :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 6:29 pm 
born to perform.

I learnt today not to wear a dark blue (which was what I was wearing, but not sure if that was why) and stand in front of a window in daylight, when the thread goes just outside your top they can see the reflection, it doesn't seem tor eflecrt the further away from your top the thread is, this especially happens if the thread is vertical.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]