View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Apollo
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:54 pm 
born to perform.

Recentely there was a special on Animal Planet called Animal Magic. It was great.

My jaw dropped as I watched Apollo perform and steal some watches and then bring in a huge snake with the people's watches around the snake. It was so perfect.

After seeing Apollo perform and then watching James Coats....I have come to the conclusion that Apollo blew Coats out of the water. In fact, I believe Apollo to be one of the greatest pick pocket magicians around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 5:20 pm 
born to perform.

i taped that just to watch him again and again and again he is the friggen king of pickpocketing he pickpocketed THE SECRET SERVICE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 8:06 pm 

Astinus, in reading another one of your post you seem to like the James Coats DVD but you seem to be slamming him a little bit. In reading your post here you seen to be comparing James Coat's and Apollo Robbin's and I don't think that needs to be done.

I have to agree Apollo is very good as a magician. I recenlty saw him at a convention in CO., bad news thou. He is not as good in person as he is on TV, which is why I think he is on TV. It reminded me and others there of one of those hollywood stories where the actor goes off stage removes his hair piece, make-up, contacts, and lets their stomach loose to reveal someone who is not at all what you thought which happens to much.

Robbin's is a really nice guy and very approachable but his skills are very limited pickpocket wise, but the skills he has are very polished. What I mean by that is, take the coins away and the cards and Robbin's can't seem to steal anything without a fumble. This can be seem big time when he did his hosting of the travel scams, man I felt sorry for him because he kept getting busted and they seem to have edited the wrong scenes to show him getting caught over and over again.

This was proven may times during the convention as well, sad but true and many people noticed it. I, along with others, was quit dissapointed. This could explain why Apollo has not made his own DVD on pick-pocketing.

In-regard to James Coats I can say a few things about him as well. I don't like his style. He does and acts in this GQ fashion that seems to work well with his victims (Women, drunk people, and the younger generation) but not with old school magicians like myself. I meet James at a lecture he was doing in Florida he is very nice just like Apollo and very open to speak with. We found out first hand at the lecture James can pickpocket almost anything under pretty much any situation without magic.

James does not claim to be a big time magician he just uses magic to aid in pickpocketing, where Apollo focuses on magic and uses pickpocketing as an aid. James is a little to quick and confuses his victims a little to much but it's better than I can do. I didn't care for The James Coats Watch Steal DVD because it had a certain flair of major motion picture and it seemed scripted but when you film at Universal Resort I imagine they script your stuff out for you but I did get a few good points from it so it wasn't a waste of money. The Chappy Video is still the best.

I didn't spend as much time with James as I did Apollo but what I realized is they are 2 different guys that should not be compared. They are both great at what they do. During James Coat's lecture he appoaches pickpocketing allot different than I expected he does law enforcement, military, and goverment training on pickpocketing so his techniques are a little rough like you would find in those none entertainment area's.

Since one of you guys brought up the Apollo and him pick-pocketing the Secret Service which was very cool (I would not ever do it), wait until you see the footage of James Coats Pickpocketing an MP's 9mm pistol during a home-land security test in the Jacksonville Florida Airport, there is no editing or reshoots there people AND NO MAGIC TRICKS EITHER. You get to see it first hand at the lecture.

In closing don't compare Apollo to James or James to Apollo they are both fantatsic and they are both very limted. They both have good points and bad points. The truth be told they are better known than we are and we have nothing better to do than post while they are out there stealing us blind and making a living at something very cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:56 pm 
born to perform.

Wow that was a long reply.

I feel that Apollo has a more professional and well thought out performance whenever he performs.

Coats is still good...don't get me wrong...I just think it is too rough.

Yes...the Chappy vid is great.

[/code]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 10:57 pm 
Penguin

I personnally feel that James Coats is an example of why you need more than just skills to be entertaining.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:31 am 
Penguin

----

Last edited by dmc on Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:57 pm 
born to perform.

Apollo Robbins is the reason I got interested in pickpocketing, just to let all of you guys know. His magic is spectacular, his pickpocketing even more so. He's one of my primary inspirations. His pickpocketing skills are unrivaled. It's true, James Coat doesn't stand a chance against him. Maybe Chappy Brazil (were he still alive right now, he was my favorite true street performer).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:21 am 
Penguin

chappy died? thats too bad. james coats is an amazing pickpocket and so is apollo. but neither them nor chappy compare to the all time master, bob arno. this swede is fricken crazy. absolutley no magic for cover just pickpockets. he worked for the army going into places where the people were going on shore leave and found the sammers for them. check his site out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:25 am 
Penguin

i saw that dude a couple of times on worlds greates magic and he literally cleaned the guy out he took four guys on stage and took there belts, ties, watches ands cleaned out there pockets...and he stole all of them repeatedly without the cover of magic and now he is working for several different police departments in nevada helping them spot pickpockets. for future theft