View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Restaurant Magicians in Vancover?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:40 am 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 25 May 2003
Posts: 135
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
I have lived in the Vancouver (Canada) area for 30 years and have been to many restaurants yet have never seen a magician working in one. Even though I have an excellent paying job, I am working towards a restaurant gig because I love preforming magic, and I love interacting with people. I wanted to know if anyone who has either visited here or lives here has seen a restaurant magician around?. I would love to have dinner and check out the persons routines. I guess if it is uncommon it may be a good market to tap in to as it would be a unique thing in this area! :D Heck, the last time I went to the Olive Garden, we waited and hour and a half on a wednesday night to get a table. I think its safe to say that they could use someone to entertain their guests!!!!!!!!!! :D :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Restaurant Magicians in Vancover?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:57 am 
User avatar
Offline
Moderator

Joined: 24 Jan 2003
Posts: 4110
Location: Milford OH
[edited] wrote:
I have lived in the Vancouver (Canada) area for 30 years and have been to many restaurants yet have never seen a magician working in one. Even though I have an excellent paying job, I am working towards a restaurant gig because I love preforming magic, and I love interacting with people. I wanted to know if anyone who has either visited here or lives here has seen a restaurant magician around?. I would love to have dinner and check out the persons routines. I guess if it is uncommon it may be a good market to tap in to as it would be a unique thing in this area! :D Heck, the last time I went to the Olive Garden, we waited and hour and a half on a wednesday night to get a table. I think its safe to say that they could use someone to entertain their guests!!!!!!!!!! :D :D


Sounds like you have done the investigation and found Vancouver an untapped market. What are you waiting for. Start knocking on doors and selling your act now. If you don't move you will lose the chance to ever do it. You have a choice now. Shut up or go get a restaurant job.

Peter


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:05 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 25 May 2003
Posts: 135
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Only waiting to polish my act. A few more months and I will give it a shot.
As everone, including yourself I believe, has stated, you dont want to be paid by a restaurant to preform magic unless your product is 100%!!!!
I doubt a ton of magicians will bust on to the scene before then!!

Thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:24 am 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 01 Feb 2003
Posts: 809
Location: Canada
[edited] wrote:
Only waiting to polish my act. A few more months and I will give it a shot.
As everone, including yourself I believe, has stated, you dont want to be paid by a restaurant to preform magic unless your product is 100%!!!!
I doubt a ton of magicians will bust on to the scene before then!!

Thanks


Same here. I live in Vancouver (actually a little outside) and have not seen one magician in a restaurant. I thought it would be a good idea to start up as one, but now I have competition. :wink: The friend who got me into magic, has a different friend that apparantly does magic at a restaurant somewhere in Vancouver, he get's paid $130 canadian per hour-plus tips.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:33 am 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 25 May 2003
Posts: 135
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Good for you Hockey! :D Well the last time I looked in the Vancouver Yellow Pages there was maybe..oh... ten thousand restaurants. I'm sure if we are careful we wont step on each others toes!!!!
I am aiming for early summer, if I have any luck i will pm you and let you know. Pm me if you have any luck. As I posted earlier, there are very few restaurnt magicians around here so I think it is a relatively untapped market
Good luck


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:29 am 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 11 Sep 2003
Posts: 5297
Location: Canada
That's right. All you have to do is do. ;) When you're ready, head out and get yourself the gig you've always wanted!

8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:36 am 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 01 Feb 2003
Posts: 809
Location: Canada
[edited] wrote:
Good for you Hockey! :D Well the last time I looked in the Vancouver Yellow Pages there was maybe..oh... ten thousand restaurants. I'm sure if we are careful we wont step on each others toes!!!!
I am aiming for early summer, if I have any luck i will pm you and let you know. Pm me if you have any luck. As I posted earlier, there are very few restaurnt magicians around here so I think it is a relatively untapped market
Good luck


Lol...I forgot about the 10 grant plus restaurants. Sounds good, I want to start in a few months as well. There is so much good info around this forum, which is good, because now I know how to get started. I too, have not seen a restaurant magician, so it will be a new trend you and I will start. I'll apply everywhere at first, so that I have a good chance, we'll see how it goes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:55 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 16 Jul 2003
Posts: 156
Good Evening,

I live in Langley, BC and I have seen several restaurant magicians even in my area. I used to work in a local milestones two years ago in the summer but I quit that...( I had my easy to master card miracle video's so I thought I was set) Now after focusing on restaurant material I'm probably starting again this spring. I have a view restaurants that I'm prospecting and I hope it goes well.

If you want to talk magic you can pm me.
Are you guys involved in the Vancouver Magic Circle?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:28 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 01 Feb 2003
Posts: 809
Location: Canada
dogwood86 wrote:
Good Evening,

I live in Langley, BC and I have seen several restaurant magicians even in my area. I used to work in a local milestones two years ago in the summer but I quit that...( I had my easy to master card miracle video's so I thought I was set) Now after focusing on restaurant material I'm probably starting again this spring. I have a view restaurants that I'm prospecting and I hope it goes well.

If you want to talk magic you can pm me.
Are you guys involved in the Vancouver Magic Circle?


In Langly? really...what restaurants and what main area in Langly are these magicians. I would like to see one maybe.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:33 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 25 May 2003
Posts: 135
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Ditto!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:36 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 13 Jul 2003
Posts: 1108
Location: Virginia
I really wish that I would SEE a good rest. magician. I could then lap up some of his routines and how to work and such. I'm just out in the blue right now!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:30 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 16 Jul 2003
Posts: 156
There was a magician named Rick Mearns who worked at the montana's in langley as well as the ABC restaurant on the Langley|Surrey border area this past summer. Another guy presently works at the White Spot near Willowbrook mall.

Sorry I didn't make this a pm, but I didn't feel like making two of them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Vancouver
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:34 am 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 22 Mar 2009
Posts: 6
I've worked for years in the area and i've discovered Vancouver will appreciate and pay the most for you and your art. I find the scene un-tapped as well. Actually besides Calgary, Edmonton and Toronto theres not much of anything for talent or supplies. Thank god for Penguin.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vancouver
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:15 am 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Posts: 2610
Location: Canada
JasonSpade wrote:
I've worked for years in the area and i've discovered Vancouver will appreciate and pay the most for you and your art. I find the scene un-tapped as well. Actually besides Calgary, Edmonton and Toronto theres not much of anything for talent or supplies. Thank god for Penguin.


I will be performing something when I go to Vancouver again this year. I don't know what it will be, but I'm going to do something.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vancouver
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:37 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 18 Aug 2004
Posts: 2576
Location: Ituna, Saskatchewan, Canada
JasonSpade wrote:
Actually besides Calgary, Edmonton and Toronto theres not much of anything for talent ...


Now there's a slap in the face to all of the working magicians out of places like Saskatchewan and Manitoba... and I'm not even talking about the "little guys" like me.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2009 Penguin Magic, Inc.