View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Which do you find more entertaining? David's magic or his stunts?
Magic 89%  89%  [ 39 ]
Stunts 11%  11%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 44
 Post subject: Magic or stunts?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:31 pm 
Penguin

Let's be honest here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 7:57 pm 
born to perform.

I find it very entertaining to see David Blaine piss off so many people by doing stunts rather than magic. So I would say stunts. I have already seen all the magic there is to see from him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 5:12 pm 
Penguin

immortaldusk wrote:
I find it very entertaining to see David Blaine piss off so many people by doing stunts rather than magic. So I would say stunts. I have already seen all the magic there is to see from him.

Well, I guess some people are easily amused. I hate to disappoint you but nobody is angry at David. We just don't want to see Jackass Part Two. He's one of the most recognizable people in magic and he's becoming the butt of many jokes in the media because of these boring and stupid stunts. Hero worship is fine but you need to get your head out of Dave's you know what. I'll bet if he crapped in your lawn you would call it "art". Don't confuse being the voice of dissent with bad taste. In this case, you are the latter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:05 pm 
born to perform.

he's good at magic and should quit the stunts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:44 pm 
Penguin

theyre both awesome

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:08 pm 
born to perform.

yea idk about the stunts... i dont think we need to waste tv time for that.. jk but seriously i like the magic the most :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:18 pm 
The fact is it neither magic nor stunts, it is nice camera angles and a high tech editing room.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:32 pm 
Penguin

John_Frawley wrote:
The fact is it neither magic nor stunts, it is nice camera angles and a high tech editing room.

if you record yourself doing magic wouldn't you want the best possible angle.....and i'm sure if you had a video editing room you'd probably edit your videos too. and i'm sure if you were out there doing the same thing that blaine is doing people would be in here talking about how they dont want john frawley to live another day....and they'd talk about how much you suck and how much better they are than you. blaine is just like the rest of us.....maybe a bit more advanced than some of us and he's had some really great teachers, but the major difference between blaine and us is that he got a break.......a break that i'm sure lots of would love to have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:12 am 
Listen, I am glad that blaind is doing magic the way that he wants to, but I dont respect that he is neglecting to realize that on tv people who I talk to see what he does as nothing more than special effects. Wether or not he is a better magician than most of us I don't know, but I do know that using an editing room to make his magic seem more powerful is a cheap way to get famous, is hurting our art, and diserves little to no respect from someone trying to hit it big without fancy camera angles and an editing room, even though I have an editing room.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:44 am 
Penguin

Parrrty!

The stunts are just a ploy to get more attention....hence...make more money. Let me guess....someone's going to say Blaine isn't in it for the money. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:28 am 
born to perform.

Stunts: Because I can't wait to see him cry on TV again.
Anyway I know all of his magic tricks anyway and how they're done. None of them are original. You can get them here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:43 pm 
born to perform.

roy, explain how the arm through glass is done to retrieve a watch. explain how the diamond out of his eye is done. explain the breaking wineglass, explain....

none of these can be bought on penguin and im sure you dont have a clue as to how they are done

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:27 pm 
Easy dude, devils coke botle, camera angles, a great editing studio, stooges, and a very gullable audience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:21 pm 
Penguin

i've seen the wine glass breaking table somewhere b4, its a special table u can buy that does it for u. the arm through glass to retrieve watch? he stole the watch, handed off to cameraman helper who in return put it in the case. the glass is on a roller system(i'll leave it at that) But also notice that the glass didn't have bars across it? i think at night all those shops have bars on them, and they usually take the jewelry out of the case and lock it up for the night.. hence, the place was rented out for the T.V. Special. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:49 am 
Penguin

It's so Greg Wilson :wink: