View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: superbowl halftime show
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:20 pm 
born to perform.

anybody catch janet jackson's nipple slip on the halftime show? i have tivo and i justin timberlake take her bra off many times just to prove my eyes werent playing tricks on me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:31 pm 
Penguin

I read about it on tsn.ca, but did not see it on TV. What was he thinking?? Did it look as if he did it by accident?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:45 pm 
born to perform.

I saw it.....but for just a split sec.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:53 pm 
Penguin

Ya I though that happend, we all sat around saying.."DID I JUST SEE WHAT I THOUGHT I SAW"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 1:34 am 
born to perform.

It was all intentional, I mean, how many boustiers have velcro cups, and why was she wearing a pasty if it was unintentional. A ratings stunt, although a very eye catching stunt mind you. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 1:41 am 

I saw it. Had to call friends to confirm that I saw what I saw.

Got it on tape, and after viewing it again I'd say it looks very intentional on Timberlakes part (especially since it happens right at the end of the song, when he says "Gonna have you naked by the end of this song.")

Also, he straight grabbed and gripped her breastplate...it wasn't an accidental hit. It was a complete grab and tear away...looks fully intentional on his part.

I don't know about Janet intentions though. Hard to say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 1:59 am 
born to perform.

I just saw an appology released on CNN by CBS about the incident. Supposedly MTV produced the halftime show, and that wasn't in the script. Now they have the "body part" fuzzed out. I could have swore I saw a silver pasty. Maybe someone who recorded it can either verify or deny what I thought I saw....

Any way, it will definately be all over the news, and in the papers tomorrow........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 2:39 am 
born to perform.

allbritton wrote:
I just saw an appology released on CNN by CBS about the incident. Supposedly MTV produced the halftime show, and that wasn't in the script. Now they have the "body part" fuzzed out. I could have swore I saw a silver pasty. Maybe someone who recorded it can either verify or deny what I thought I saw....

Any way, it will definately be all over the news, and in the papers tomorrow........

May I ask what a pasty is?

She just has a nipple piercing. If a pasty is a nipple piercing, my bad, but never heard that word.

But yeah she has her nipples pierced, saw it on VH1 one time.

Post subject: ioi
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:58 am 
born to perform.

i saw it....at first it looked like she was pissed at Justin, but now i think it was planned! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:24 am 
born to perform.

can't believe I missed the halftime show...lol. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:44 am 
Penguin

I saw it, i think it was by accident. I mean... why would they do it purposely? There are many young kids watching from home.

P.S: I'm not saying i didn't like it, lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:21 am 
Penguin

This was planned. Shock and ratings and to have everyone talking about it in the morning. Just like we'er doing. I don't know if the network knew about it. Janet and Justin definitely had this planned as prob did MTV and the record company.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 1:27 pm 

Yeah, Janet had a sun emblem pasty (hollowed out at the center).

Too bad for MTV...looks like they will not ever be invited to do a halftime show again, according to CBS and NFL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 1:40 pm 
born to perform.

To me it screamed as a cry for attention from the J's involved in it. Both of their careers must be slipping at the moment, and they both plan on releasing new projects in the next month or so.

Apparently since we are all sitting here still talking about it, it must have had the desired effect. And I heard the morning jocks on the radio talking about it too.

It was obviously staged, in my opinion at least.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 2:10 pm 

Drudge has some closeup pictures on his site. Janet was wearing something more exotic than a pasty, it was some sort of weird fiery sun shaped piece of jewlery that appears to clip around her nipple. I can't imagine she would normally be wearing this sort of thing to a performance unless she fully intended to display it.

CBS is the same network that bailed out of showing "The Reagans" recently because it was supposed to be offensive to right-wing conservative types. Now they show a bare breast to their same audience. Lol, they deserve the grief they're getting. These network execs are such idiots. Yes, I understand it is publicity for the network, but to what end?

Anyway, I've noticed that American network (I mean CBS, NBC, ABC, Fox, A&E) has gotten more and more daring over the past few years. Many times I've caught shots of naked breasts on these networks, but always from the side or from below the nipple (e.g., ST: Enterprise has done this), and always with the nipple discreetly covered by a finger or two.

Well, it's only a matter of time until you have full frontal nudity in the States on regular network tv, just like we have in Canada and in much of the rest of the civilised world :-) Good or bad, I think it's inevitable.

Last edited by balducci on Mon Feb 02, 2004 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.