View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Do you have an Airsoft Gun
Yup, lot's of them 20%  20%  [ 4 ]
Yes, I have one 30%  30%  [ 6 ]
Airsoft? What is that? 50%  50%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 20
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:40 pm 
born to perform.

bravesaint wrote:
MDMagic wrote:
also airsoft pistols are in everysinglemovie.................ever see a movie woth a gun?..................chances are 99/100 its an airsoft pistol...... see the 5mm barrel ? its an airsoft

incorrect.

in movies they use real guns.... load them with blanks... airsoft guns do not eject shells, and i am pretty sure that doing ejecting cartreges in CG would be a pain in the rear.

but they do use aiirsofts in movies

and i know it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:42 pm 
born to perform.

i think you're right...

they use them for scenes that don't involve shooting... maybe only holster movie shots? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:44 pm 
born to perform.

Brave is right, they use real guns firing blanks. If you don't believe me, google for stories regarding the death of Brandon Lee. He was killed in an accident involving a gun with blanks on the set of 'the Crow'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:44 pm 
born to perform.

so, your saying that a hundred million dollar film is gonna use $350 airsoft guns in place of replica blank firers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:51 pm 
born to perform.

I have both airsoft and Co2. The Co2 one gets about 80 shots per canister. My gun is a blow back and looks pretty sweet. I don't remember the name of it and I don't have it in front of me.....but it shoots bb's at 285 fps and will break skin from about 100 ft away, believe me, I know :evil: my friend has one that shoots 485 fps and from 30ft away can blow clean through a stack of paper an inch thick. I tend to stay away from him when he is waving that thing around...... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:51 pm 

in both the matrix and underworld they did use real guns... in the behind the scenes they showed the guns that they used, and when firing scenes i know for fact they use real guns... why would you want a replica.

airsoft guns by law must have a distinction to show that they are not a real fire arm, sure they can look real, but they will not look as real as the real thing... for an example the barrel size, and often times the mussle size.

pooint and fact, movies they use real guns, if i was making a movie, i sure would

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:59 pm 
born to perform.

wiliby11 wrote:
I have both airsoft and Co2. The Co2 one gets about 80 shots per canister. My gun is a blow back and looks pretty sweet. I don't remember the name of it and I don't have it in front of me.....but it shoots bb's at 285 fps and will break skin from about 100 ft away, believe me, I know :evil: my friend has one that shoots 485 fps and from 30ft away can blow clean through a stack of paper an inch thick. I tend to stay away from him when he is waving that thing around...... :?

your friends gun definately sounds like a CO2 pistol. The unregulated co2 mind you... normal airsoft guns don't blow a hole through your hand from 10 ft away :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:00 pm 
born to perform.

wiliby11 wrote:

i think my rifle is around 650fps and it shoots big [edited] ball bearings

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:10 pm 
born to perform.

i have 2 pistols.. a sig pro 2340 and a desert eagle, i love playing airsoft its like paintball but a lot cheaper lol i play like every day :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:11 pm 
born to perform.

VERY true

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:37 pm 
born to perform.

i have a heavy weight spring Smith&Wesson Sigma... just like the american police carry around :D

i might be gettin' rid of it though, for a gas pistol

the Sigma safety is a little fragile (trigger type safety only)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:03 pm 
born to perform.

I'm pretty sure that the gun in the movie Snatch that said "Desert Eagle .50" was not an Airsoft gun.

I want one, the Desert Eagle that is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:19 pm 
born to perform.

immortaldusk wrote:
I'm pretty sure that the gun in the movie Snatch that said "Desert Eagle .50" was not an Airsoft gun.

I want one, the Desert Eagle that is.

the Desert Eagle gun seems very popular... is it because it's so reliable in real life? or maybe because it's been in a lot of movies? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:26 pm 
born to perform.

i have the desert eagle airsoft gun, its pretty cool and holds the most bbs, 28 lol i also have the S&W that the cops use (my sig pro) i love these things :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:31 pm 
born to perform.

cocoluto wrote:
the Desert Eagle gun seems very popular... is it because it's so reliable in real life? or maybe because it's been in a lot of movies? :roll:

No, I just need a big gun to compensate for............. ok I won't go there! It's huge, and very scary. I think it should be called The Underwear Destroyer, because when you point it at someone, well, they ruin their underwear.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next