View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Please help me identify this trick
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 8:32 pm 
Penguin

I have a packet card trick that I bought more than 20 years ago. It's a great trick but I've lost the instructions on how to do it and I am hoping somebody out there can help me identify the trick and/or give me the instructions. I think it was card “Wild Card Gone Crazy”, or something like that but I’m not sure. Here's a description of the trick: <br> <br>The trick appears to consist of a pack of nine cards and one wildly marked wild card with a blank face. In reality there are two sets of nine cards and the wild card in the packet. <br>The first packet of cards consists of nine cards of the same value, in this case nine of clubs (9C). Five of those nine cards have regular backs, and four of them have a second face on the back of a different value, in this case two of diamonds (2D). As I recall, these nine cards were counted out, using the Hamman Count, to look like four cards of the same value, four 2Ds followed by a single 9C and then followed by four more 2Ds. All the backs are shown in to be the same. The wild card is used to turn all nine cards into 9C. <br>Next the packet of nine cards is secretly switched with the other set of nine cards. These cards are four blank cards with normal backs and five 9C, one of which has a normal back and the other four have all different backs. These cards are counted out to look like nine 9C. The Spectator is led to believe that these are the same nine cards from the first part of this trick. This time the wild card is used to turn the cards into blanks and to change all the backs into different cards. <br>I'm not sure if I have all of the steps in the correct order, nor do I remember the patter. I'm hoping someone out there remembers this trick and can give me the instructions. Please note that I DO own this trick and am not trying to get a freebee. Thanks for your help. You can e-mail me at david@kurke.net. Again, Thanks.