View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: gold & silver vs. hopping halves
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:44 am 
Penguin

i bought gold and silver last summer. i came on here and saw the effect hopping halves. the effect seemed the same, except different coins are used. i am assuming both effects are done with the same technique/gimmick. are there any other differences between the 2 effects besides the coins used and price? gold and silver seem to look like "fake" coins, while hopping halves are real coins. also, can the coins from hopping halves be used as an expanded shell? (disregard this if it is exposure). hopping halves is only a few dollars more than an expanded shell, and i figured you might as well pay a little more and get some extra stuff. thanks a lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:02 pm 

i dont have the the rone. but i recieveed my hopping halfs th eother day and its pretty sweet! i guarntee you will like it if you buy it.

Cheers

Post subject: Re: gold & silver vs. hopping halves
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:06 pm 
Emperor Penguin

jdblack wrote:
... can the coins from hopping halves be used as an expanded shell? (disregard this if it is exposure).

No, BUT, the coins are machined in such a fashion that they could be used as such ... look over your Gold and Silver and think Hopping Halves (Half Dollar & English Penny). You should be able to figure it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:23 pm 
born to perform.

What amazes me is that someone actually bought Gold and Silver.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:06 pm 
born to perform.

Why, Is it just a rip off from scotch and soda, or does it use a different gimmick?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:30 pm 
Emperor Penguin

miqufebo wrote:
Why, Is it just a rip off from scotch and soda, or does it use a different gimmick?

Yes, Gold & Silver is more or less a ripoff ... but not of Scotch & Soda! ... of Hopping Halves. Gold & Silver and Hopping Halves use the identical gimmick. Watch the demos and you'll see that Oz handles them the same way.

The only difference is that the coins in Gold & Silver look like "toy" coins, whereas the coins in Hopping Halves uses real looking coins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:28 pm 
born to perform.

I unfortunately bought gold and silver at a magic shop many months ago. The guy behind the counter performed it several times, and it looked great every time he did it. I've never used it once.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:04 am 
Penguin

mysteriousone wrote:
I unfortunately bought gold and silver at a magic shop many months ago. The guy behind the counter performed it several times, and it looked great every time he did it. I've never used it once.

same here. i got it in south carolina over the summer. i wish i knew about hopping halves before i bought g&s. and i agree, they look EXACTLY like toy coins. :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:36 pm 
Penguin

hopping halves is one of my strongest effects for coins the best is if you have one real english penny you can do jay's ninja coin routine. The g&s coins look horrible and spectators know something is fishy with them. The best part about this trick is at the end there is nothing for the spectators to inspect. GREAT TRICK!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:50 pm 
Penguin

i also like hopping halves better because gold and silver makes too much noise when you put the coins in your pocket. whereas gold and silver is soo clangy and you can tell the coins are fake just by looking at them. if you look at them you would swear they were some of those plastic pirate coins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:21 pm 
born to perform.

You can buy both and use both of them for 2 different audiences. You can use Gold and Silve for llittle kids and Hopping Halves or kids that are older and adults. You can present them as pirate coins at a pirate birthday party.