View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Snowstorm in China
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:42 pm 
Penguin

I think Penguin should carry "Snowstorm in China" because it is one of the most dazzling tricks ever. If anyone else agrees, then please reply.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:02 pm 
born to perform.

What is it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:15 pm 
Penguin

freds wrote:
What is it?

I have seen different variations but the one i remembered was this one:

Kevin James took out a piece of napkin, i guess. And ripped it up and put it into a glass of water. He squeezed out all the water and crumpled it into a ball. He then took out a HUGE fan and started to fan it toward the rolled up ball of wet, paper in his hand, then BILLIONS of lil bits of confetti started flying everywhere.

So, pretty much "Snowstrom in China" is producing lots of confitti in an interesting manner. Yes, IT was VERY amazing and Penguin should invest in it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:49 am 
Penguin

I agree Snowstorm in China is an awesome effect that I would definitly purchase.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:05 pm 
born to perform.

i've gotten them, they are great

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:04 pm 
Penguin

I would LOVE penguin to sell it, and I would like to ask if anyone else would be interested? The effect is described as: "Torn pieces [of tissue] are dropped into a clear bowl or glass of water. A magical pass and pieces are removed & squeezed out.

Taking a fan in the other hand, you start fanning the wet packet of tissue, when magically, HUNDREDS OF DRY RED HEARTS create a SNOWFLAKE STORM FROM your hands, UP, AROUND YOU & ALL OVER THE STAGE!!!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:52 pm 
Site Admin

This can be a great effect. McBride shows a good routine on his Stage Magic set. Just make sure when you do it, you are on a hard floor, would be a pain to vacuum!!!!!!!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:44 pm 
Penguin

I almost bought it on another site, but decided not to. I would get it from Penguin if they offered it. They should offer the fan as well.

--Henry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:57 pm 
Penguin

I have performed this effect to great reactions. It is beautiful and quite a surprise ending. They should carry this effect...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:50 am 
Penguin

My presentation is a little bit different. I take out a white daisy and pluck out the petals one by one, I put them in one hand, drop the stem, and pull what looks like a stick from my pocket. I throw it up in the air and it seems to morph into a fan, pluming and then landing in my hand. I then fan the petals out of my hand when, suddenly, a dense cloud of thousands of petals come out of my hand and shower the laughing audience. I can see peoples eyes light up whenever i do this effect...

This trick is easy and ANYONE can do it. Bring Snowstorm to Penguin and voice your oppinion!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:54 am 
Penguin

bocow1 wrote:
My presentation is a little bit different. I take out a white daisy and pluck out the petals one by one, I put them in one hand, drop the stem, and pull what looks like a stick from my pocket. I throw it up in the air and it seems to morph into a fan, pluming and then landing in my hand. I then fan the petals out of my hand when, suddenly, a dense cloud of thousands of petals come out of my hand and shower the laughing audience. I can see peoples eyes light up whenever i do this effect...

This trick is easy and ANYONE can do it. Bring Snowstorm to Penguin and voice your oppinion!

That is a great routine for this effect. I have combined this with The Floating Rose by Kevin James. I do the Floating Rose, then instead of lighting it on fire I tear it up and soak it in water then do the Snowstorm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:00 am 
born to perform.

It's a classic, and I want Penguin to stock it, too! Count me in.

Robert V Frazier

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:53 pm 
Penguin

this is an incredible trick that penguin needs to sell. Offer it with the fan and a pack of snowstorms and many people would buy it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:40 pm 
Penguin

phetus wrote:

That is a great routine for this effect. I have combined this with The Floating Rose by Kevin James. I do the Floating Rose, then instead of lighting it on fire I tear it up and soak it in water then do the Snowstorm.

HAHAHAHAHA!!! I was looking at the SAME EXACT VIDEO! I was bidding on it at ebay, but instead of not burning the paper, i was going to make it a rose and then peel of its petals. Funny....

I am glad to see such great response. Keep it coming!

Post subject: i agree
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:21 pm 
Penguin

i agree

sincerely

magic101hi