View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Twisted Sisters: A Formal Review
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:08 am 

Twisted Sisters by John Bannon - A Formal Review
Price - $11.95

Effect - 2 Spectators are asked to choose either 1) the red pile or 2) the blue pile. Magician shows 4 face down cards in each of the piles and asks the 2 spectators to imagine there are 4 face down queens in each of these piles. So Magician tells Spectator 1 to go ahead and think of any queen...Got it? ok good. Now Magician asks spectator 2 to think of any queen but to make sure they dont pick the same queen, spectator 1, What was your queens color? "red" Magician adsks spec 2 to think of any black queen. He then asks the spectators which queen they were thinking of, spectator 1 says queen of hearts, spectator 2 says queen of spades. The Magician now says he will take the Queen of hearts from spectators 2 pile and put it into spectator 1's pile invizibly and the same for spectator 2. He then spreads the piles to reveal that in the blue pile there is a fliped over queen of spades, RED backed, and in the red pile He spreads the cards to show a face up queen of hearts BLUE backed. AND its a good thing they chose those 2 queens because the rest of the cards are ALL JOKERS!!! Be prepared for a roaring amount of applause.

Handling - The handling of this trick is VERY easy. it is taught in a number of different DVDs sold even here at penguin. I belive it may even be taught in some of the instant downloads. Once you get the trick, it will take you all of 25 seconds to set up. You can practise the 1 move maybe a couple times over untill your confident and then your ready to blow people away! Once you get this trick you will be performing it within the hour i guarantee. It is not a knuckle buster, you wont be sitting at a table ripping the cards becayse there are to many sleights or knuckle busting moves. its easy. its simple. its amazing.

Gimmick - The gimmick used in this effect is very very simple and purely INDETECTABLE if handled right. at the end of your performance no the cards are not examinable but a quick switch can take care of that. I find people are to Jaw Droped to even bother asking me to see the cards. Its a very good one. Very clean.

Price - Now this effect is only 11.95, I bought it like 3 days ago from a local magic shop down in Toronto for 23.99 and I think it was worth every penny! So having it available for 11.95 is a GREAT bargain! Dont pass this up!! Seriously!

My 2 Cents - I carry this trick around in my card wallet with many other tricks everywhere I go. People just FREAK out, it looks totally insane to take the queen they are merely thinking of and switch them into seperaste piles and then show that the other cards are all jokers. The spectators love it, their eyes literally roll out. its a GREAt trick i HIGHLY recomend this. It comes with an instructional Booklet to help you understad how its done and is very clear and understandable. You will NOT i mean NOT regrett buying this at all. It also comes with a card wallet, but it is kinda cheap so I would suggest getting a wallet with multiple flaps on the inside. So anyway, Go buy it, you will LOVE it i gurantee. Thats Twisted Sister's! I give it a 10/10
Untill Next Time....

Cheers

Post subject: awesome
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:30 am 
Penguin

awesome review man , keep up the good job !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:10 am 

Good review.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:22 pm 
Penguin

are u insane?
bought those cards for 23.99!!!?
the 2 queens are not inspectable at all.........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 4:12 pm 

If you read the REVIEW you would have seen that i said no the cards are not examinable but with a quick switch you can take care of that. And im happy with the price i paid cause I really like the trick. So next time before posting to somehting, READ it. Thanks.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 3:03 am 
born to perform.

And its not about the price for the cards... its the secret... and plus local magic dealers need some profit.

So get over yourself...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:12 am 
born to perform.

I perform twisted sisters all the time and i have never had someone ask to see the cards. Because at the end turning up the jokers is so clean. I think switching the cards is not necessary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:35 am 
born to perform.

paraboL wrote:
And its not about the price for the cards... its the secret... and plus local magic dealers need some profit.

So get over yourself...

Maybe it was Canada, but my local shop charges 16.00 which is about what the listed price was a year or so ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:46 am 
Penguin

I often have them remove the queens themselves from the two decks, do a switch that is very clean while putting the decks aside, and proceed from there. No one ever asks to see the cards afterwards b/c they gave me the queens to use. If anything, they ask to look at the jokers.

Definitely buy this trick!

KSalaz

Post subject: Didn't impress me -- figured it out immediately.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:17 am 
Penguin

I don't have this trick, but I saw on first viewing how it is done.

People who have done this, don't you find the more clever members of your audience spot the method?

I thought NFW and Very Wild were much more impressive...don't have those either but I will probably order one.

Post subject: Re: Didn't impress me -- figured it out immediately.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:48 am 

jsalmon wrote:
I don't have this trick, but I saw on first viewing how it is done.

People who have done this, don't you find the more clever members of your audience spot the method?

I thought NFW and Very Wild were much more impressive...don't have those either but I will probably order one.

Actually I have never been caught with twisted sisters. And to top it off, I did not do the "full" effect until recently. (if you have it, you will know)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:56 am 
Penguin

Maybe I am wrong about the method.

Without revealing too much, do the spectators' chosen queens *always* show up in the opposite deck from the deck they chose earlier?

If so, then I am wrong about the method...

thanks...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:59 am 

jsalmon wrote:
Maybe I am wrong about the method.

Without revealing too much, do the spectators' chosen queens *always* show up in the opposite deck from the deck they chose earlier?

If so, then I am wrong about the method...

thanks...

No, they do not. They can be in the deck selected, or taken from the deck selected and placed in the other deck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:13 pm 
Penguin

I get some very good reactions with this, I got mine for $12.00 somewhere else, You can carry it anywhere. I would recomend it for anyone. Its so easy to do :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:58 pm 
Penguin

Nevermind about the packet that the selected queens show up in, the impact is that the queens have always switched packets.

The blue backed queen is in the red packet and the red backed queen has appeared in the blue packet. Every time.

The queens always switch packets.