View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: I need help with a kid from my school
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:14 pm 
Penguin

Ok... There's this one kid at my school that is always ruining my tricks. He's also a magician and he finds it self-satisfying to ruin every attempt i try to gain some respect at my school. Lets say i palm a card, coin, or other prop. He suddenly decides to blurt out really loud "Hey, what's that in your hand?!?" and one time he even grabbed my hand, and tried to open it. He spoils card tricks, coin tricks, tricks with props, and everything. What's worse, is i never show them to him. He always ends up looking at me when i'm about to do a trick, and before i know it, he's telling everyone around me what i'm doing... What can i do? Someone HELP ME!!
Thanks,
Bill 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:22 pm 
born to perform.

That's not a magician, that's just a jerk who wants attention. What you need to do is get the crowd against him. Just stop performing whenever he is near or some of this sorts and people will most likely ask him to leave.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:27 pm 
Penguin

I've tried to do that, but he still tries to make his presence known. It's just aggravating. He's one of those people who won't let up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:38 pm 
Penguin

face it , just KILL HIM!!! :twisted: :twisted: , nah, just kidding, i always have that problem, my friend always ruin my performance, just learn some tricks, or buy some props that he wouldn't know....you should know what he know and what he doesn't, so you can do tricks he don't know

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:38 pm 
born to perform.

BK wrote:
I've tried to do that, but he still tries to make his presence known. It's just aggravating. He's one of those people who won't let up.

Well, do whatever you think to make him feel even more unloved(You know that guy, I don't, so you'll have to figure out it for yourself). If I ever run into people like that, making them feel unloved(yea, I'm evil) gives me a really good feeling :) .

Anyways, I ran out things what to do, but here are some things not to do:

1. Don't get mad, that's exactly what they want.
2. Don't lose your calm, reply to all his comments with a non-threatening but stern voice.
3. Don't not listen to this, although this may sound like complete crap, it in my experience, works most of the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:14 am 
Penguin

Scorpio wrote:
BK wrote:
3. Don't not listen to this, although this may sound like complete crap, it in my experience, works most of the time.

I'll try, but his critisism doesn't bother me. He seems to have this ability to get people's attention. Or, I might have to use someone else's idea, and just kill him. :twisted: Just kidding. I dunno... All you people have great suggestions... please keep them coming... I need as much help as I can get!

Thanks
-Bill 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:16 am 
born to perform.

BK wrote:
Scorpio wrote:
BK wrote:

I'll try, but his critisism doesn't bother me. He seems to have this ability to get people's attention. Or, I might have to use someone else's idea, and just kill him. :twisted: Just kidding. I dunno... All you people have great suggestions... please keep them coming... I need as much help as I can get!

Thanks
-Bill 8)

Well, if nothing works and you need to kill him, I know a guy who goes for 1000$ a ... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:43 am 
Penguin

1) beat him up!

2) try not to perform wen hes around

3) as said try to make out a fool him

hes just a jerk whos jealous coz ppl are amazed.

a line i just thought of right now to make a fool of him: l

lets say that he goes '' hey wats that in ur hand?''. then tell him '' Oh, whats that in your brain? a virus? ''

:wink:

that should do the work! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:33 am 
Penguin

buy cartoon 1 or 2 he well never guess:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:48 am 
born to perform.

When you're performing and you see the jerk approach, stop whatever you're doing. Ask if anyone in the group would like to see how the trick you're doing ends. Or any other tricks. If anyone says "Yes," then say you'll continue as soon as the jerk is gone. And mean it. If the jerk doesn't get gone, put away your props and walk away. Make it clear that you will not ever do another magic trick for anyone while the jerk is present.

It won't take long for the people who want to see your magic to ensure that the jerk is never around when you perform. You have to realise that if your magic is entertaining, nobody wants the jerk ruining the experience any more than you do. If they really don't mind the jerk doing that, then maybe you need to upgrade your magic so they will object to the jerk ruining it! I trust that's not the case. Get the crowd on your side, and let them handle pest control. You can focus on making it worth their while to do so.

Maybe eventually the jerk will come to you and apologize, and ask to learn how to entertain people. Maybe not. But you don't have to put up with him ruining things.

Robert V Frazier

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:19 am 
Penguin

another thing, play a trick with him, ESPECIALLY WHEN EVERY ONE"S AROUND!!! you play with him( such as scotch and soda), then say that he ruined the trick, so everyone know's he's a

EDITED

Profanity - using special charachters in place of letters is still considered profane.
Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:38 pm 
Penguin

Personally, I would buy the Wizard's Flip Book and smack him with it. :P

In all seriousness, I echo what Robert was saying. Unless your school is the size of a large bathroom, there should be plenty of places to bust out a few tricks without the jerk anywhere near you.

Unless you purposely start drawing a large crowd, only then do I see a possibility that he will be attracted to the attention....like a fly on crap.

You can also make sure that you have a few self-working tricks in your arsenal, so that they don't rely on anything palmed or gaffed. That way, he can't really point out any "secret" move that you're doing.

Worse comes to worse, just perform the following trick.

1) Close your right fist

2) Cover it with a silk or hankerchief

3) Tell the jerk (in front of the audience), "And now, for my last trick, I will make a bird appear from under this cloth."

4) Quickly remove the hanky with your middle finger prominently displayed at the jerk.

5) Bask in the laughter of the crowd, or run like edited....depending on the situation and the temper of the jerk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:22 pm 
Penguin

Jeff_Mash wrote:
Personally, I would buy the Wizard's Flip Book and smack him with it. :P

In all seriousness, I echo what Robert was saying. Unless your school is the size of a large bathroom, there should be plenty of places to bust out a few tricks without the jerk anywhere near you.

Unless you purposely start drawing a large crowd, only then do I see a possibility that he will be attracted to the attention....like a fly on crap.

You can also make sure that you have a few self-working tricks in your arsenal, so that they don't rely on anything palmed or gaffed. That way, he can't really point out any "secret" move that you're doing.

Worse comes to worse, just perform the following trick.

1) Close your right fist

2) Cover it with a silk or hankerchief

3) Tell the jerk (in front of the audience), "And now, for my last trick, I will make a bird appear from under this cloth."

4) Quickly remove the hanky with your middle finger prominently displayed at the jerk.

5) Bask in the laughter of the crowd, or run like edited....depending on the situation and the temper of the jerk.

Thanks, I will definately be using this in the future :lol:

Thanks again
-Bill 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:31 pm 
Penguin

antigenesis wrote:
buy cartoon 1 or 2 he well never guess:P
I agree, you should buy the Cardtoon* but if all else fails, yell at him! If your standing in front of a buncha people, and he yells out "Whats in your other hand?" say "Shut up!" yah he will ruin a few, but if he keeps on annoying you keep telling him to shut up and asking him to leave. The audience will see that YOU are annoyed and they wan't you to stick around and perform so they will tell him to leave or shut up too. 8) But I actually wrote thyat to be orriginal, I usually do as one of you said and stop performing untill he leaves. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:41 pm 
Penguin

What is the Cardtoon? can i buy it on penguin? how much?
Thanks
-Bill 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next