View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:02 pm 
Penguin

some one i know will buy the trick just to know it and perform to a person then tell them how he did it... so every trick that i have that he has bought i cant do anymore

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:03 pm 
Penguin

Learn pickpocketing, pickpocket his stuff, and say that you won't give it back unless he stops threatening you.

Nick 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:51 am 
Penguin

same thing had happened 2 me. sorta like what robkris said. but not every trick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:36 pm 
Penguin

Hmm, a toughie.
You could cool off on the pinky breaks for a while.
Use some anglejogs, which you can conceal very effectively, and even show all sides of the deck while maintaining it (Emerge Triumphant ID). Ask the guy his motivation, see if you can cool him off, and, if all else fails, walk away and avoid him. You definately want to avoid beat-the-heckler syndrome though. That will only buy you trouble.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:42 pm 
born to perform.

magicman0824 wrote:
Some kid slapped me cause i didnt show him the hermann pass. He knows some tricks....has the dirt.

What the heck, nowadays kids are getting weird day by day.

Anyway for that kid i think he's just an attention grabber or some sort like that, if he's telling everyone then it should be fine. From his behaviour, it seems that he couldn't be that well liked by his peers, so it doesn't really matter. Next time when he appear just walk off, someone told me this before "It's not worth it, when someone who really stare at your hand or is really to spoil that trick" - Remember it, it's not worth it, give an excuse.

Get away from that guy everytime you see him while performing, therefore everyone who love to be entertained by you will just ask him to get lost and just hate him even more. Good luck with me bro...

Post subject: You can just tell
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:53 pm 
Penguin

Some people, you can just tell by looking at them that they are going to be like this....... trust your instinct and don't even pull out a trick..... I don't care how big the crowd is....... because if you look at it this way, the bigger the crowd, the more people are going to know what is going on when this idiot exposes it.
The age old addage of "Live to Fight another day" plays here........ The unfortunate part that goes with this is that it is too late. This is a lesson that every magician learns the hard way...... simply because it is the only way to learn effectively.
Magicians basically have a degree in human psychology. They know from experience who do tricks for, and who not to.

But keep truckin' with the trickin', because even when he tries to give the trick away, most of the people are laymen and argue AGAINST IT!!! It is the most amazing thing in the world when people Are throwing way the idea of how it is ACTUALLY DONE, simply because they can't exactly remember the order of events anyways. The simple truth of it is because they don't want the trick to be ruined.

And even when people do guess right I just try to play it off like the moves they are describing are so advanced there is no way in edited I could perform them. Kind of a "YAH! I only WISH I could do that!!!" or "Things would be alot easier for me if I could do the things you are saying I'm doing"

Anyways, Good luck!!!

Last edited by ItsOnlyJoe on Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:53 pm 
Penguin

Well the only thing to do in this situation, is something that really works for me, and it is to well beat him senseless. J/K :wink:

But really, what you should do, is to just well, go up to him and say, "So you figured out my trick. Great! Now if only you could get a life."

Or something like that. It works for me just fine!

Did you say he was threatning you for gum? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:42 am 
Penguin

Hehe, that's a great line...Fortunately there are a lot of good people int he world that will shutup even if they see how you do something...but for all those hecklers out there, I just stop performing for a while...they usually get the point...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:06 pm 
Penguin

U have any bladed cards? teach him a lesson! or if you dont wanna hurt him, just ignore him and deny anything he says unless he can prove it, like if he exposes pen through dolar, just switch it for a look a like and he will be all ticked, thats what i would do besides my bladed cards...which reminds me i havnt practiced in awhile..... :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:57 pm 
Penguin

Hire some Mafia Thugs, I could just see it:

A crowd is watching you perform some magic, and a kid yells out "I saw how you did that", you clap your hands, "Jimmy, Franko, take care of are friend here"

Anyway like everyone else says either dont perform around him, or learn some effects with different methods.

How about moving a way from card tricks? Lately I have been fascinated with Mentalism, as most of it deals with psycology theres not much he can expose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:32 pm 
Penguin

try doing some clever coin tricks...like the ones that people almost never figure out...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:56 am 
born to perform.

tell him to get a life and then shoot him in the crotch with an airsoft gun.

:lol: jk, just tell him to back off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:55 pm 
Penguin

OOOHHH!!! OOOHHH!!! OOOHHH!!! PICK ME PICK ME!!!

Okay...for instance, my uncles are REALLY immature when it comes to magic and they try to mess me up all the time to "Impress their girlfriends." To make them stop I have devised a simple yet effective phrase that "works for me" I just say "Wow...you are REALLY smart, you can outwit a 15 year old, and how old are you? 42? Congradulations...you win absolutely nothing..."

Also...Get Liquid Metal...this is a HUGE stunner that they can't EVER figure out...also...he included some extra heckler advice...which is quite hilarious, and they get the point! Good luck!!! I hate hecklers too...but my geography teacher is like that too, its just part of the magic experience...I just dont do magic for them...

Also...if you don't have it yet...get Kicker...this gets them every time...they laugh when they think you messed up, and then you completely stun them!!!

Well, GOOD LUCK!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:58 am 
Penguin

Whatever you do, don't let a heckler stop you from performing.

One time I had a really terrible heckler who was screaming from the audience "Get off the stage," but I went on with the show. The audience loved the show, and the next time he heckled, someone else in the audience told him to shut up. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:08 pm 
Penguin

first rule of showbiz

"always leave your audience wanting more."

and tell them that.

dont just shut down and say "no"
check out my post here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next