View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Time Machine One Liners...
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 9:57 pm 
Penguin

What do you say when you are off by a minute or so... and of course they point it out?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 8:43 pm 
Site Admin

Maybe hand them the watch and say ok I was off a minute, let's see if you can get it right on. I know it sounds like you are coming off a little short with them, but then, they no knowing how the trick is done will just pass and accept the fact that, Hey what is one minute!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 2:18 pm 
Penguin

Quote:
What do you say when you are off by a minute or so... and of course they point it out?

most of the time, if i miss by one minute over, i point out that it is a working watch and explaine that the minute advanced while we were recapping and that does it. i you miss by a minute under, wave the watch around and show it to everyone (assuming you're not working one on one here) by the time you hand it over to the person for the up close inspection, the watch will have ajusted. it hasn't been that big of a deal for me because they are so shocked that the time is radically different from when the face was first shown with the current time.

in performances where you miss, its only as big a deal as you make it, audience control is the key to mental magic anyhow. if you don't point it out or make a big deal about it, most people will let it pass.[/quote]