View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Scared some Students today...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 1:20 pm 
born to perform.

I approached some (High School) students that were in the hallway before lunch. I whipped out my deck and let them pick a card. I then held the deck up to my pocket. Wham. The card was in the pocket. I got raised eyebrow or two. I then gave the deck back to them and showed then that their selected card was not in the deck. The students were then impresed as I expained that because they were breaking rules (Being in the halls over lunch) that they left a trace that could be followed. To prove this I shuffled the deck, cut to their card. pattering about rules and being caught while each time cutting to the selected card. WHen asked with the inevitable question, "How are you doing that?" I let them know that anything is possible and showed them the entire deck that was their selected card. The student that was watching me the closest was well aware that all the other cards were in the deck and even watched me sort through the deck to show that the selected card was not in there. I love high school students!

Post subject: Re: Scared some Students today...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 2:20 pm 
Penguin

i would really like to know how u did that trick.it sounds very good.could u contact me?my aol name is chocko0669 and my hotmail address is conorkearney@hotmail.com.thats just the type of trick i was looking for.please help

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 5:58 pm 
born to perform.

Howdy. I don;t want to give out any secrets, but the trick I used was a basic Svengali Deck. Check it out at http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=81 If you get access to teh penguin only svengali section, I'll go into all the detail you want.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 7:14 pm 
Penguin

yea, gotta love that svengali deck, though I tend not to turn the entire deck into their card, because they know then that is a gimmick, do you think so?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 1:44 am 
born to perform.

It depends on the audience and angles for a switch with my real deck. If it is just one or two people, I'm all for it. If I end up surrounded with a crowd, they get a shortened show.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 6:15 am 
Penguin

listen,i have a svengali deck but i didnt get it here.so if u could instant message me that would be great.i know how u would do most things u said but how did u give them the deck and let them check it out?contact me at aol.chocko0669