View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: anyone have this or heard of Power Pickpocket by Tom Burgoon
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:58 pm 
Penguin

im just wondering if this is a good gimmick? and can i use it surroundeD? is it worth the money>? thanks

Post subject: hope this helps
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:06 pm 
Penguin

With out exposing this, Its not a gimmick to help you lift items, it is a gimmick to make it look like you took there wallet. So depending on your performing situation the answer would be yes. I use it but as a comedy bit before I do the real steals.

tpdmagic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:59 am 
Penguin

I dont know why you wont reveal the trick because they reveal it in the item description on the place I bought it from. I dont think Penguin even sell it so it shouldn't be against the rules.
All it is is a sponge wallet with different coloured bits of felt made to resemble credit cards. You fold it up in your hand, then pretend to take it from someones pocket whilst they're shuffleing some cards or something. Its really crap, and needs to be performed at least 5 feet away from your audience as they'll see its made of sponge and the cards aren't real.
You can make this yourself for about 50p, dont buy it. Get the art of pickpocketing with James Coats instead, thats a great DVD. Or you could get the encycolpedia of pickpocketing, a 4 DVD set.
Dont bother with this foam piece of crap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:26 am 
born to perform.

all_that_is,

It's meant to be a freaking STAGE item, not presented as a close-up item. What, you read the description and were expecting to be able to do it in front of their faces?
"Hey Mr, I just stole your wallet!"
"...but my wallet isn't made out of sponge!"
"well, that's the BONUS part of the effect, your wallet actually changes into sponge...uh, anyways..."
As tpdmagic said, it's an item made to look like you stole the wallet, and not actually some mechanical arm can numb all sense of feel and then reach into the spectator's backpocket, remove his wallet, and then give him a wedgie or something. It's meant to be presented on a more large-scale premise, and I have seen many people use it very effectively, to great success in their shows. It's a nice no-risk alternative to normal pickpocketing where you do risk getting caught with your hand up a female spectator's pants or something ("but I swear, officer, I wasn't feeling her up, I was trying to remove her wallet! Removing her wallet is an offence as well?.......man, am I screwed..."). Of course, I would rather stick to the conventional pickpocketing but that's me.

If you do want a good resource to check into in regards to pickpocketing, especially in the context of a stage show you should check out Stealing the Show, which has some great stuff in there. All of James Coats' dvds have been crap, but I haven't seen his latest set so far, and I don't know if I would want to anytime soon. If you want to see a true master of pickpocketing you should go see Apollo Robbins do his stuff. the guy's pickpocketing is abs0lutely mind-blowing. :wink: