View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Invisible Quarters
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:32 pm 
Penguin

I just purchased this trick this weekend and everyone I have showed it loves it.

The effect:
Uncase the deck of cards. Perform a Hindu Shuffle. Hand the spectator a drinking glass and let them inspect it. Reach into you pocket and pull out two invisible quarters. Put them both in the spectator's hand and tell the spectator that the quarters are invisible until they pass through a solid substance like glass. You turn the glass upside down on top of the deck, take first invisible quarter from the spectator, and place the invisible quarter on the bottom of the upside down glass. You bang the glass on top of the deck and the quarter becomes visible and lands on the deck. You give them the visible quarter, take the second invisible quarter, and repeat the effect.

It is easy to do, looks great, and just kills.

Scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:43 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Does it come with a special deck? Can it be examined? Can you use your own deck? Are the glass and the quarters examinable?

These are things all of us need to know. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:44 pm 
born to perform.

Sounds cool. Is it available on Penguin? What is the price?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:57 pm 
Penguin

I did a search on Penguin and I don't believe they have it. I purchased it at a magic store in Kansas City this weekend. It was $20. They are made by the same company who made my rising deck, but the manufacturer escapes me at the moment. I'll check tonight and let you guys know.

No, you can't hand out the deck but you can hand out the glass before the trick and the quarters after the trick.

Actually, you hand the quarters out before the trick. They are kind of hard to examine though..... they are invisible! :lol:

Scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:04 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Does it come in Bicycle so that you may do a deck switch?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:10 pm 
Penguin

It uses a Tally-Ho deck, so you could do a deck switch if you wished. They just aren't as common as the bikes. If I were going to use a deck switch, I would probably do an ungimmicked trick or two with a Tally-Ho deck first to take some of the heat off a relatively uncommon deck.

That being said. It is a very visually stunning effect. My dad was with me when I purchased it. He is pretty cynical and was impressed with it.

Scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:11 pm 
born to perform.

Wow. The regular version comes in Tally-Ho? That seems uncommon. But at least you can buy a regular Tally-Ho deck for a switch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:52 pm 

Yeah, it comes with Tally-ho cards.

I used to think it was pretty good...but the gimmick is kinda floofy and sometimes doesn't work. I used to do this one a lot...but now I can't even remember where I put it at...LOL. Probably shoved somewhere in one of my unused magic boxes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 7:48 pm 
Penguin

B_Magic wrote:
I used to think it was pretty good...but the gimmick is kinda floofy and sometimes doesn't work.

I'll trust you dude....but it does sound like kind of a cool trick

Post subject: Re: Invisible Quarters
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:17 am 
Penguin

This trick gets a huge response especially from children. I do it all the time and very rarely have I had a problem with the gimmick not working. It is a bit pricey, $30.00 being the average price, but the payoff is well worth it. It used to be cheaper though, I seem to remember only paying about $12.00 for my first one so I don't know why they have gone up. It is a simple gimick. You could essentially do a similar effect with a coin coaster or a pop coaster (if you know where to find a pop coaster let me know) but there is a certain innoscence in using a deck of cards. There is no heat on the cards if you spread them after the effect so a deck switch really is not required.

Best,
-C

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:37 am 
Penguin

Ok, I have a question. What makes this trick $30 better than any other coin through glass effect, most of which don't require a gimmick?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:34 pm 
Penguin

Man, I didn't know they still made this.
I bought one up at Morrisy's Magic in Toronto, back in the mid 70's.
In fact I still have it & it works great.
Rather than repeat the effet, I have a penny loaded with the quarter.
After the "invisible" quarter penetrates, I let the spectators clearly see it on the deck.
Then, I flip the glass over, retain the quarter on the deck with my fingers & tilt it as though I'm letting the quarter fall into the glass.
Instead, the penny slides out of the deck into glass.
It look's, (and sound's) as though I just tipped the quarter into the glass.
I then tell the spectator to have a closer look at the quarter as I now tip coin in the glass into their hand.
As they are shocked looking now at a penny, I tell 'em "Hey, you owe me 24 cents".

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:46 am 
Team Penguin

This gimmick still exists, but this topic was randomly brought back from 8 years ago. Haha.

I have never really had a problem with the gimmick working, but I haven't performed this more than once.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:00 pm 
Penguin

Haha yeah. I didn't notice the date when I was reading the earlier posts. But yeah I bought this in a bicycle version from my local magic shop and I remember the owner saying that the company wasn't making it anymore. But I remember randomly looking through the new products on penguin one day and coming across a trick called Jumper 2.0 by i-magic and it was this same trick. Here is the demo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksIl9EsGY4M

Apparently penguin doesn't carry it anymore though because I couldn't find it when I searched for it.