View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Penguin Moderation Team
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:37 pm 

Penguin Moderator Info!

This topic is designed to let all the users know who the Penguin Moderators are. A little bit about us and some questions that are frequently asked. If you have any questions that aren't answered, don't hesitate to PM one of the mods!

The Official Penguin Magic Moderator's
----------------------------------------------------
acar - Administrator [inactive]
maxwell - Administrator [inactive]
Timah - Administrator [inactive]
fcchief - Head Moderator
balducci - Moderator
bravesaint - Moderator (Emperor Penguin)
B_Magic - Moderator [The G.O.A.T of magic moderation, and not inactive anymore]
dan_l - Moderator/Staff [inactive]
DaveV - Moderator
elimin8or23 - Moderator [inactive]
exodus - Moderator (Emperor Penguin)
magicmandan - Moderator [inactive]
magicman845 - Moderator [inactive]
MattSmith - Moderator
Jak - Moderator
JaredGill - Moderator
wiggy191 - Moderator [inactive]

Paddy - Moderator
-----------------------------------------------------------------
How do you become a Moderator?

In order to become a Moderator is by helping out on the boards, being respectful, participating, and showing leadership. The Administrator appoints Moderators. In other words, he chooses who he feels will do the job best. A lot of times the other moderators will discuss in their private forum who will be best for modship and decide upon our votes.
Note: Please do not ask the Mods to be a moderator. You will be hand chosen.

Instead, show your leadership and good qualitites through the quality of your posts here at Penguin town.

Are moderators paid to do their job?

No, we dont get paid, we are volunteers.

Do Moderators get discounts?

Moderators do not receive any type of discount. We receive the same 10% off everyone else gets with their penguin discount code.

Do Moderators have access to ALL the Penguins Only Forums?

Moderators have access to the PO forums that they have earned access
by purchasing Penguin Magic products just like everyone else. The ones we have, we do have moderator access in them.

What is a 'Head Moderator'?

The Head Moderator is pretty much like the Admin's Second Hand Man. All of the Mods contact the Head Moderator on issues they have and things they would like to see done. The Head Moderator sees that it is taken care of. The Head Moderator of Penguin Magic is fcchief.

What is a Moderator's Responsibility?

Our responsibility is to moderate the boards according to the official rules of the Penguin Magic forums. You can find those rules here:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/discuss/vie ... hp?t=65387

We also use logic and common sense, not only moderating by the rules but we also moderate what's right and what's wrong.

Why do the moderators appear in green in the list of the online users?

Mods appear green at the bottom of the 'who is online?' list so that users can tell mods apart from the regular users, as well as with admins.

Why can't I see All the moderators?

The reason you can't always see all the mods online is because some mods prefer to be hidden while browsing through the boards. The mods that you see green prefer to be unhidden. A lot of mods prefer to moderate the boards in silence and not receive attention when they appear in bold green. Some mods don't have a problem with that though.

Hopefully that answers all your questions about the people that moderate this forum. Enjoy!

-Moderators

Slightly edited by yours truly...hehe

Last edited by Jak on Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:33 am, edited 22 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:06 pm 

G'Day Penguin Town.

My Name is Pete a.k.a 'jakbauer' a.k.a 'Jak'(as you all know me)
Now first things first for those of you who dont know what or who jakbauer is, it's actually 'Jack Bauer' The Star of the hit television show'24' Jack Bauer is also known as Kiefer Sutherland :D

My favourite type of magic is Close-up and or Street Magic. I like to browse the sidewalks and malls and pick my specs or do organized closeup shows or private parties etc. I recently have been doing stage shows across canada and am soon taking the act to atlantic city. My Favourite Forum Here at Penguin Is probably General Magic /Street Magic or Trick Reviews.

Iv been a member of Penguin Town for a while now, Iv seen it Awesome and flowing with posts and iv seen it down with posts here and there. But none the less its a good forum and i like posting here and i am honored to be a Moderator of the Penguin forums. IF any of ya have questions or concerns im a PM away!
p.s. i hate pepsi AND coke.

Last edited by Jak on Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:13 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:07 pm 

Waddup peeps! The name is B Magic (friends called me B, others called me Magic...hence B Magic). I'm 26 years old and been working professionally in magic for about 10 or so years now. Been a moderator for a long time now. Look for me randomly posting here and there in the various forums, and for my B_Slap wherever rules are being broken.

Oh yeah, and I don't drink soda.

Last edited by B_Magic on Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:15 pm 

Hola

name: Jared (Millican if you want to be all formal about it)

been into magic professionally for 6 years now.

I'm always open to questions.

Last edited by bravesaint on Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:47 pm 
Site Admin

Fcchief, here, also known by Pat. 49 yrs old, retired from the Navy last October after 21 yrs of service, and retired as a Fire Controlman Chief (weapon systems). Currently work for BAE systems a Defense Contractor.
Practiced magic for about 5 yrs while young, quit and picked it back up about 20 months ago. One of the original mods chosen back in May 2003.
Enjoy card magic, childrens shows, gospel magic and stage. Looking to get into coins (if I can only make that retention look realistic :roll: )
Reside in Port Orchard, Wa with wife of 21 yrs, 15 yr old skateboarding, loud music listening son.
Any other questions, feel free to ask, not saying I will answer them all, but hey, you can ask. 8)

Coke Please :wink:

Last edited by fcchief on Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 3:06 pm 

Hey guys.

Name's dan. I've been doing magic for five years now and have been wasting my time here for two years now. You'll see a lot of me in the Trick Review section, and spot me here and there around the forums. This is a great place to learn and advance in magic. Take advantage of it.

Oh and B', I really thought higher of you man. Coke over PEPSI???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:24 pm 

Wiggy here

Call me Sam, or you can stick with wiggy, whatever suits you. I currently live in England, making a living out of magic.

I'm a Close up magician, mainly cards and i've been doing magic since i knew i had fingers.

Been at Penguin Magic for over 2 years and i'm always about.

Any questions or problems, feel free to just PM me. I'm happy to help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:19 pm 

Hi guys, my name is Matt Smith. I joined here in June of '03 and let me tell you, its been a wild ride on the Penguin Train! I live in Oklahoma, USA. I'm 17 years old. My favorite types of magic are Close-up, Coin, Card, and Illusions. Magic is currently just a hobby of mine. Oh, and I became a Mod on Aug 28, 2004.

And I like Pepsi. :)

-Matt

PM me if you have any questions and I will try my best to answer them.

Last edited by MattSmith on Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:38 am 

Hi Penguins.

My name is David, and I live in Canada.

I'm not a lumberjack, or a fur trader ... I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber, or own a dogsled ... and I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I'm certain they're really really nice.

I've enjoyed magic all my life. I was recently going through some of my old things stored at my mother's house, and I found a Svengali deck and some gaffed cards I had as a boy (30+ years ago). So my interest in magic really has been life-long.

I'll try and be an objective mod. But I'm sure at least one or two of you will overcome your naturel shyness and let me know if you think I messed up.

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:07 am 

Name is Jared and age is undiclosed.
Have been doing magic for a few years and have been studying the art even deeper as I go. I'm a big fan of the modern magician Paul Harris as I believe his ideas and moves are killer and is a very creative mind, probably one of the most creative in our modern days. Out of the oldies where to begin, Larry Jennings, Jean Hugard, LePaul, Ed Marlo etc etc.
I mainly focus on card and sponge ball magic, working my way thru coin magic now. Generally I perform magic with all kinds of objects basically anything close-up! 8)
I also am involved with music and DJ a little bit (Dad has been a DJ for many years), I currently am studying psychology, I work out at least an hour a day and enjoy a couple hours on the Internet.
I am always available for any questions you may have and always available for a chit chat on msn ;)
Jared

PS I like Coke more than Pepsi! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:42 pm 

My name is Kent. I've been practicing magic for over 35 years on a part-time professional basis. In fact, that's how I put myself through university. During the day, I'm a full-time practicing lawyer, but my free time is split among my wife, my 2 kids and my magic.

I continue to perform about 5 to 6 paid performances every month. The shows range from children's birthday parties, to restaurant table hopping, strolling and stage magic. I also conduct magic and balloon animal workshops and, most recently, I started up a local magic club with approximately 21 active members.

Having said all of this, I find that I'm constantly learning new things in magic everyday; and many of those lessons come from young magicians with a fresh perspective. The technical abilities and skill of these magicians far exceed anything I could ever asipre to.

Anyways, I consider it a privilege to be able to help out as a moderator on this forum, and I look forward to its ongoing growth and success.

Kent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:13 pm 

I'm Jeff, but everyone refers to me as X or X_o here on the forums. I'm 20 years old and have been doing magic for the better part of 12 years. Professionally, I'm a computer programmer, so I basically sit here on a computer all day and do nothing. I'm primarily a card guy, but love any closeup magic. I'm a member of the SAM and will probably be joing IBM shortly. I moved to ABQ in July of '05, but am originally from Milton, FL, which is just east of Pensacola. If you've heard of it, I'm sorry and, if you haven't, don't worry, neither has anyone else. I'm one of the oldest Penguins and have one of the highest post counts, which means nothing more than I'm very lonely and in need of friends. I tend to not take things very seriously, as you should have noticed. I'm fairly laid back about most things. I do try to answer everything that comes in to my PM box, so if you have a concern, I will answer it. If I don't, then it probably wasn't a question. That's the only real way that I won't respond.
X

PS: Jared likes Coke better than Pepsi. Not sure where that fits into my post, but I just noticed that he put it on there. I prefer Code Red, as can be seen in the topic on your favorite soft drinks.