View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: "there was 2 cards"
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:36 pm 
Penguin

Oh come on, every one of us had been caught with the DL. not just the basic one but maybe other versions too. either that gets shouted out or "you picked up two cards". I cant remember how i deal with this. But you know sometimes the cards just dont line up or depending on the condition of the cards, when you pcik up two you can just see the huge gap between the two even while bending it. Anyways, i was just wondering if anyone has good lines for this? I feel thats the only thing i ever have trouble with. Everyone always says "howd you do that" but i dont need to respond to that. I just keep looking at them and smile or just say some witty remark lol. Im sure other people have had this happen too! any help thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:09 am 
Penguin

maybe somthing like " woah the cards got stuck together" somthing like that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:34 pm 
born to perform.

Say that always happens. Or work on your double lifts. Or stand back from them so they can't see clearly the two cards. Or just attack them.

Did I mention attacking them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:58 pm 
Penguin

If they say "You have 2 cards" or something, just say "No, its 52." and then go on.

I have done magic for 10 years and i can honestly say i havent been caught on the DL once. People might have suspected it but none has ever said anything about it. And i HAVE performed for some real hecklers.

The thing you should do, take EVERYTHING in a effect that can go wrong and make a way to fix it or joke it away or something, making the bad good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:03 pm 
born to perform.

If they say "there was two cards", why don't you just tell them to get a friggin education and say "there WERE two cards"!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:46 am 
Penguin

I've always said 'No actually there's 52 cards' and it works dude.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:05 pm 
born to perform.

or change it a little and say i always thoghut there were 52 thanks for the info then say well on with the trick but no 52 will make it sound like u dont kno what their talkgni about so i would go with that 1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:03 pm 
Penguin

Well, you can always say somthing to make it seem like you didnt do a DL once you've been cought, but I suguest working on your DL so you're never caught. Some things that would help are working on turning over a card the same when you do a DL than when you turn over only 1 card. If you watch David Blaines special some times he does a DL and you can tell because of how he turns over the card, and dont forget! make it look smooth! If some one is bugging you about 2 cards, then depending on your routine you can do a pass. Also, try not to use old warped cards, it will easily be seen with warped cards.

Depending on where you do your magic, if you do the same effect to the same person/crowed more than once, they will be trying to find out how you do it, not enjoy it as they did the first time and if they say somthing because they're mad about you not doing it again, simply say its the magicians code not to do a trick more than once. If they bug you about that, simply be truthful with them and tell them you know the second time you look for an answer or you can make up somthing funny.

Hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:09 pm 
Penguin

Heh...you guys came up with some very good ways to get out of getting caught doing a DL. The way I always do it is simply clean the DL by doing the KM move which leaves you holding only the face card of the double, allowing you to quickly show that you are indeed only holding one card and the spectator must have been mistaken. I then procede to do a top change and make my DL again. Maybe I'm just too technical.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:10 pm 
Penguin

Heh...you guys came up with some very good ways to get out of getting caught doing a DL. The way I always do it is simply clean the DL by doing the KM move which leaves you holding only the face card of the double, allowing you to quickly show that you are indeed only holding one card and the spectator must have been mistaken. I then procede to do a top change and make my DL again. Maybe I'm just too technical.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:59 am 
Penguin

what happened to me if ur doing the acr is your audience might even answer the question for them. One heckler said i had 2 cards and the other people said "both with the same signature? i dont think so" :lol: and the other guy says "well he has some kinda photocopying machine somewhere"
its kinda weird but your audience might jsut help u off the hook even if they dont know it.

or if that doesnt happen, use another DL. There are millions of double lifts out there and if u are really scared of being caught, use the squaring type DL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:20 pm 
Penguin

what about saying; Are you BLIND (clean up with kardiro marlo move) this is obviously 1 card. they wont bother you again. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:43 pm 
born to perform.

xyzzy314 wrote:
Say that always happens. Or work on your double lifts. Or stand back from them so they can't see clearly the two cards. Or just attack them.

Did I mention attacking them?

hahaha thats soo funny...hahahehehaha

Jerry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:01 am 
born to perform.

or you could get newer cards so the seams dont show.

Jerry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:42 pm 
born to perform.

AAAH WHAT HAPPENED TO OZ'S WONDERFUL POST!!!!?

Evil Penguin Moderators :evil: :evil:

8) :D :lol: :) :shock: :o :x :oops: :( :cry: