View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:30 pm 
Penguin

dklord: I just bought both of those movies today, and you are so right. They are excellent tools to add to any card-workers library.

The instructor WANTS you to be a good magi, and he provides great tips on how to calm yourself and work slow etc. etc. etc.

Great buy.

Post subject: Card DVD's
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 7:37 am 
Penguin

LeConte wrote:
I have tons of DVD's. If you have specific questions please ask as that's what I'm here for. A few post above I mention the one DVD that I think a beginner should get. Ammar's Easy To Master Card Miracles Volume 2. To be honest I feel, for learning tricks, that it is the best collection of strong magic that I have seen to date for the price.

These tricks are classics!!!!

Thanks LaConte, but what I want is not just "plain tricks", I want to learn the sleights and practice them doing tricks. I bought Daryl's ambitions card and I love it, tho I am not ready to perform it couse I don't have a proper preparation on sleights. Anyway, I bouhgt the trilogy of Ammar ETMCM... also because the Daryl Card Encyclopedia is out of stock at the moment. I will let you know :-)

Cheers!
Andrea

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 8:16 am 
born to perform.

Shibaz,I'm glad to hear you enjoyed them.Great tips,tricks,and
plenty of sleights.Enjoy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 11:25 am 
Penguin

The good thing about about Ammar's ETMCM's is the range of tricks. Some are very easy and some are harder. There are tricks for every skill level! Wait until you see Roy Walton's Card Warp on the second volume. I remember when I saw it for the first time I was blown away. I thought "thats how magic should look". To top it off it was a trick that I could start work on right away and perform the same day.

From the first tape Nick Trost's "8 Card Brainwave" is very easy to perform and looks impossible to the audience. I love it!

Some of the stuff was hard for me too so don't give up if some things seem kinda hard at first. After just a few months of practicing card magic everything on these tapes can be done!! Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 11:48 am 
Penguin

Im trying to decide on my first card dvd. I was going to get Oz's or should I get Ammars?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:37 pm 
Penguin

jeff mcbrides card manipulation dvds are great. some of the tricks are difficult but are worth the practice.

marley. i have oz's dvd and it is good. if you like visual magic it is the one to buy.

Post subject: Card DVD
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:03 am 
Penguin

As far as instructional DVD's go, I own the Richard Kaufman Basic Card Technique. Since I am a newbie, I find this dvd complements "The Royal Road to Card Magic" very well. I'm w/those who recommend "the Road". I am finding already that it is very valuable. The Kaufman dvd helps illustrate many points.

Peace.

Shnarker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 2:07 pm 
Penguin

If you want one DVD on sleights the kaufman DVD is the way to go. Daryl's Encyclopedia is the best, but since it's 8 volumes, there will be many people who can not afford such a big purchase.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 3:27 pm 
Site Admin

Kaufmans DVD is great when used with RRTCM. Although his voice is droll and those sunglasses (give me a break) are out there, he teaches the sleights well, and the ones he teaches are the foundation for further card magic. Couple this with RRTCM and not ony can you learn the sleights but also learn some tricks too.
Another DVD which will be out soon is Born to Perform. This DVD assumes you have little or no knowledge of card handling and is meant to take you up the ladder and be ready to perform (Maxwells words, not mine)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 2:29 pm 
Penguin

If you need to see moves and sleights demonstrated, you can can get an ebook version of Card College at www.Lybrary.com . This has video clips of every move and slieght in the book. Currently, Vol 1 is available, with vol 2 due out at the end of the summer.