View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Stealing The *ROLEX* Expandable type band
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:00 pm 
Penguin

Hey Everyone,

Just wondering has anybody got any good routines for taking off a Rolex watch (Expandable type)

I use Chappy Brazil's version, of covering the coin with the spectators thumb and then, tell the spectator the coin is going to jump from this hand to the other, while they keep the other hand flat 3 inches above the other... etc etc and do the move.

It works everytime for me.

Anyone else got a good routine? and why do you think it works best?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:05 pm 
born to perform.

inmy opinion, you really shouldn't try it with a rolex. they might take it the wrong way, and that is a erally expensive watch. make sure it is fake before you do anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:18 pm 
Penguin

When i say rolex, i mean the epandable type band, doesnt have to be a rolex, but generally the style of band. Sorry for confusing you.

Ive done it probably about 40 times, have never been caught, the reason why, is you have to pick a suitable spectator, and make sure the watch isnt to heavy, plus a lot of misdirection

PM, me if anyone needs help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:28 pm 
Penguin

WOW you have never been caught.....Thats amazing considering Chappy and Charles both have been caught. You should be proud. I learned the watch steel from Charles and when he was teaching me he told me that chappy got it about 50 % of the time and that he only got it about 30%....Is there something you are doing that they did not do? By the way the actuall rolex watch has 3 clasps....Most other expandibles don't...... I know as I have stolen only one rolex with succes. In my 10 years of doing the watch steal....

tpdmagic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:24 am 
Penguin

the reason why I have never been caught is because, I use so much mis-direction in my routines, when i finally end with the watch steal, they are still thinking about the other tricks, so if i put more mis-direction into the last routine, i can get the watch everytime.
I dont want to boast or anything, if thats what your thinking, I have practiced this for years and have other ways of taking the watch off also, but I feel people become LESS suspicious using his method.

I used to work in a jewellers and I had so many watches and so many straps, it was alot easier for me to learn.

Trust me though, if you are always one step ahead with mis-direction, the watch steal is ten times easier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:22 pm 
Penguin

i need a way to pickpocket jewels
any1 here knows how to do it
rings , bracelet , necklace
things like that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:39 pm 
Penguin

Alot of misdirection

and i mean alot...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:21 pm 
Penguin

Chappy Brazil and I were good friends and roomates when he lived in NY on 13th and Ave A, then on 52nd street.
Chappy was mostly a street performer and he taught me how to steal a watch with the normal straps. I worked nightclubs ie: Canastels and Stringfellows. I had him take over for me in Stringfellows when work got to be too much and I had too many gigs.
My clientel were mostly well to do people who rarely wore strap banded watches. Many were expandable watched and clasp bands. I came up with ways to steal them and together with Chappy we would practice. When I first started trying it I would get caught because I didn't know the fine tuned areas that I and Chappy eventually learned. Chappy didn't spend much time doing Rolex type watches because mainly he worked the street so it is true that he would only get them 50% of the time until he eventually learned. I eventually got them 98% of the time but can always get caught the next time I do it.
For anyone to say they get it 100% of the time I must say, "OK that 100% so far, the next one you may get caught at and the average would be brought down"

Post subject: exapandilble bands
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:24 pm 
Penguin

Your right in saying that, after time of writing that response ive been caught twice..

Need to be more careful..

More misdirection needed..

anyone agree?? lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:24 pm 
born to perform.

there is a pickpocketing manuscript on another magic site for $5, and despite the price is very good for watch steals. But even so, practice makes "acceptable" when it cmes to pickpocketing lol