View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: MOUTH COILS & SLUSH POWDER
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:34 am 
born to perform.

How are these two effects. I would mostley use it for comedy.

lax

Post subject: mouth coils
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:50 am 
Penguin

I've used mouth coils before. They look great, but they didn't really fit with the rest of my routine so I dropped them. I'll bust one out every now and then as I try to work it in, but it never seems to stick.
There is a mouth coil that looks like currency and I've had a little more sucess with that, just because it fits with what I do.

I've never used slush powder, but if you have an effect that would be enhanced by it, go for it. I wouldn't just call slush powder by itself a trick, though.

Post subject: v
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:21 pm 
born to perform.

anyone else. If anyone has insta snow also please tell how you like it or not.

lax

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:25 pm 

Mouth coils should not be used in kid's shows. Nothing comeing out of the mouth should be used in kid's shows. Slush powder, on the other hand, is great for shows.

Post subject: e
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:37 pm 
born to perform.

Not even as a thirty second act just to get the kids warmed up for the show?

lax

Post subject: coils
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:33 pm 
Penguin

Paddy brings up a good point. I don't do mouth coils or balloons for kids under 8. If I do use a mouth coil, it doesn't come out of my mouth. I pull it out of my fist. With the coil and a TT palmed, vanish a silk with the tip and pretend to reproduce it, but actually start pulling out the coil.
I like the currency coils because you can vanish a bill and reproduce a streamer of currency.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:16 am 
Penguin

I have never used mouth coils. I just dont like them so I never use them. But Slush powder is great.

Vonbodan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:38 am 
born to perform.

I appreciate what Paddy is saying about the mouth coils. Young kids, they don't think, they will just try to emulate you and end up choking themselves on something. It is a Do-as-I-do syndrome young kids have.

Now, we have the slush powder. My daughter got it for Christmas and it works very well!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:32 am 
Penguin

Kids and adults love Slush powder. I pick a volunteer and have them pick a friend or spouse. I turn the first two cups over the head of the friend they picked and the last cup over their head. It's a great comedy bit!

Post subject: w
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:25 am 
born to perform.

If you are doing mouth coils for older kids or even younger ones could you take them out of your mouth and then put them in front of you, telling them not to pass it or the magic wont work, then explain to them that it is not good to swallow stuff?

lax

Post subject: Re: w
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:18 am 
Penguin

laxmaster92 wrote:
If you are doing mouth coils for older kids or even younger ones could you take them out of your mouth and then put them in front of you, telling them not to pass it or the magic wont work, then explain to them that it is not good to swallow stuff?

Geeze, if you're going to expose magic you shouldn't be performing!
If you're so worried about it, DON'T PERFORM IT! :)

Why don't you explain all your card sleights after your card routines? I mean, people don't really want to think you're magical, they really want to know that you're just a trickster, right? (by the way, the sarcasm there was free of charge)

Post subject: Mouth Coils
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:09 pm 
Penguin

Mouth coils are great. I use them with a card to mouth routine and its amazing how effective they are when there is something in your mouth with them. For some reason the effect seems more impossible if I pull out 25 feet of coil before I finally reveal that their card fit in there too.

Post subject: Re: Mouth Coils
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:56 am 

TheSauce wrote:
Mouth coils are great. I use them with a card to mouth routine and its amazing how effective they are when there is something in your mouth with them. For some reason the effect seems more impossible if I pull out 25 feet of coil before I finally reveal that their card fit in there too.

Mouth coils are sickening! Do NOT use them in kids shows. It is a god way to be blacklisted by any group of parents that see you use them, because you are showing the kids it is OK to take something out of your mouth and play with it. Parents teach the kids that you don't chew your food then bring it out and play with it. See what I am getting at. Sorry but mouth coils in a kid's show are REALLY stupid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:34 am 
born to perform.

When I were at a vacation there was some guys who had a street-magic show, they combined the Balloon-swallowing effect with the Mouth Coils, that they first push the balloon in their mouth and swallowing it, after that they pretended to drag it up again, and the only thing what came up was the mouth coils.

I do also own(ed) Mouth Coils, I used them all up and it was really fun to perform it. I used that in a Kids Show and they all laughed. They laughed even more if I threw the paper from the mouth coils and out to the audience and I explained: "Don't think of that has been in my stomach". :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:48 pm 
born to perform.

If you're doing mouth coils and slush powder in the same show, don't get them confused!

Anyway, I use 'em both and they're okay.

I use slush powder in conjuncton with Barry Mitchell's Moo-Masher routine and with a little 'three shell game' type affair I do with styrofoam cups and water.

Regarding mouth coils - there's so many different sizes, types, and colors on the market today (red, white and blue for patriotic venues, red and green for Christmas, mouth coils that look like money, multi-colored ones, pretty shinny mylars of different colors and even solid colors). BUT, I rarely - if ever - use them from my mouth anymore for obvious reasons. I generally pull them from a kids ear (and ask them if they washed their ears with kool-aid), from a TT, from a silk, etc).