View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Best Examinable Tricks???
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:26 pm 
Penguin

Dia Dhuit(Gaelic for Hello) I was watching the demo for Twisted Sisters and noticed someone wrote that the cards aren't examinable but still a great trick. I will probably get this trick but that prompted me to think of the question, what card tricks could you recommend that are completely examinable, either by purchasing here or learning through magic books? I don't mind if you have to perform sleight of hand to get the trick done I just have that skeptical bunch of lads that ALWAYS want to say "Let me see that deck" and when you just showed them the INVISBLE DECK trick you know, that's not happening. So I welcome all opinions. Thanks in advance for all those that reply :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:40 pm 
Penguin

Wow, I really don't perform card effects that aren't examinable except for the invisible deck. My favorites would have to be any nice ACR (ambitious card routine), triumph, a good ace production, and anything with a nice color change.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 6:36 am 
Penguin

Color Monte is a great one... and if we leave the area of card tricks there's scotch and soda spongeballs, cups and balls (if you remove the extra ball). lethal tender is good too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 4:58 pm 
Site Admin

If you don't mind learning some sleights here is my recommendation first would be Royal Road To Card Magic, it teaches sleights as well as some good tricks. Considered by many to be the bible of card magic, even if you are just starting out. Any of Bill Malones DVD's On the Loose, or The Best of Jay Sankey DVD set, another DVD set is Michael Ammars Card Miracles. All three of these guys have awesome card tricks and show in detail how to do each one. You don't have to buy the whole set you could get like one DVD.
There are not too many card tricks you will find sold that are fully inspecteable, the only one I can think of is Color Monte or get a Stripper Deck, and book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 6:59 pm 
Penguin

Thank you Shibaz, Cheersaholic & Fcchief for the advice. I really need to get that Royal Road to Card Magic like everyone says. I have a few books and I did buy Darryl's Ambitious Card DVD and am having a heck of a time with the double & triple lifts. I don't mind doing sleights and I think I will also pick up a stripper deck. Hey, any of you guys know where I can get a BLUE backed version of the Invisible Deck, I have the red backed version. Thanks again for the info... :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:42 am 
born to perform.

Re. the blue backed Invis deck, I think it's just the luck of the draw (u got a 50/50 chance i suppose) when u order from Penguin. 'Cos I got a blue backed deck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 3:08 am 
Penguin

The bible of card magic is Card College Volumes 1-4 by Giobbi.

Royal Road by Hugard and Braue is so cheap, so get it and compare it to Card College!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:44 am 
born to perform.

even though Twisted Sisters is not examinable, you should still get it. In the instruction booklet it even says that the cards don't need to be examined because if you do the slieght involved (you don't have to), the specs have seen all of the cards front and back.