View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: needing your help
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:55 am 
Penguin

I am looking for a trick (willing to pay between 0-500.00) for my act that I have for a kids show. I am looking for a trick that will practically steal the show and will leave people wondering how i done the trick and want them to come back to see me again or have them recommend me. I have my show all lined up but would love to have a closing trick that would leave them STUNNED!!!! Could all who will give me some advice that would be great for a kids show but something spectacular. Thanks for all your help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:59 am 
Penguin

Float the birthday kid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:11 am 
born to perform.

Every effect can be like this if you perform it right :wink:

Post subject: Re: needing your help
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:37 am 
Penguin

wcso33 wrote:
I am looking for a trick (willing to pay between 0-500.00) for my act that I have for a kids show. I am looking for a trick that will practically steal the show and will leave people wondering how i done the trick and want them to come back to see me again or have them recommend me. I have my show all lined up but would love to have a closing trick that would leave them STUNNED!!!! Could all who will give me some advice that would be great for a kids show but something spectacular. Thanks for all your help

New to magic, aren't you. Learn to perform not just do tricks and your problem will be solved. This you can't learn on the internet so find yourself a good magic teacher, pay for lessons, and listen to the teacher.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:02 pm 
Penguin

B.S. Who says he hasn't been in magic for years, and wants to kick it up a notch. I have never had a teacher, I've been to a few lectures, but I have mainly learned on my own, and I a perfectly compitant performer, who works regularly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:42 pm 
Penguin

No need to jump to conclusions! :) Instead of spending on a very expensive trick/prop you should first see how you can make your performing style better. An awesome performance should have good patter and some skillful tricks that the adults seem to enjoy. True, maybe a floating table trick will get huge reactions if done right, but then again, a nice stage coin trick with some smooth patter will do the same. Practice some sleights to perfection and give it a try! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:09 pm 
Penguin

How do you guys know he's not a fantastic performer with a solid act that is just trying to kick it up a couple notches. Don't tell him no you suck, instead answer his question, and if he does suck, then too bad for him.

Post subject: still needing help
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:53 pm 
Penguin

I just need some people who will list a few tricks that I can look into possbily getting. ex. floating the b-day kid. i know that any trick can leave them with their jaws dropped, but what are a few more I could look at.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:28 pm 
Penguin

Go for chair suspension

Post subject: Re: needing your help
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:42 pm 
born to perform.

Peter1 wrote:
wcso33 wrote:

New to magic, aren't you. Learn to perform not just do tricks and your problem will be solved. This you can't learn on the internet so find yourself a good magic teacher, pay for lessons, and listen to the teacher.

How are you going to say that? Who says he can't perform? He's looking for an effect, if you havn't noticed many people ask this question and are you going to go up to all of them and say Your new to magic aren't you? I'm sorry but your post was stupid even though I agree that you need to perform tricks, but you cant perform if you don't have anything to perfrom. Don't jump to conclusions next time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:50 pm 
Penguin

Thanks mwnewman for repeating everything I just said. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:23 pm 
born to perform.

esylvan wrote:
Thanks mwnewman for repeating everything I just said. :D

Haha no problem thats what I'm here for.

I've got your back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:25 pm 
Penguin

lol, that made my day.

Post subject: show stopper
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:04 pm 
born to perform.

A good production box with or without a live animal is always a good pick. They usually cost a lot but if done right makes for a good show stopper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:14 pm 
Penguin

Get a rabbit.