View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: S.O.S.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:06 pm 
born to perform.

I'm looking for some new, fresh routine ideas and patter for the Strat-O-Spheres, especially for kid shows. I'm okay with my gospel patter for church work and safety patter for school shows - just need your help with a routine or patter for library shows or just a 'fun' routine for kids.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:23 am 
born to perform.

If you have the Strato-Sphere you should ask them in the private discussion forum. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:34 am 
born to perform.

okay, so I did a no-no. where is this private discusion forum?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:00 am 
Site Admin

Hi George, got to get an email off to you in the next few days. I thought for the Strat, and you may have this one already, I read an article where the guy used his Strat-O to tell the Johnny Appleseed story, only he used those fake apples, he had a red, yellow and green, probably hit up a craft store and take one of the balls with you to get the correct size.
Or you could have the balls represent 3 kids who were suppose to read books, with the red ball being the kid who did not read any and always ended up at the bottom of the pile, so to speak, until one day he is forced to go to the library (put ball in box) where he discovers all kinds of neat books and starts reading, and eventually comes out on top!
Just some thoughts, if I come up with anymore will let you know. Take Care Brother.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:48 pm 
born to perform.

Quote:
okay, so I did a no-no. where is this private discusion forum?

The Private Discussion forum can be accesed from the 'My Penguin Magic' at the top of the screen. There, you will find a list of all the things you've bought from penguin and to the far right, there is an icon that says 'Discuss'. That discussion forum can only be accesed by people who have bought that effect from Penguin.

Hope this helps.

:D DW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:13 pm 
born to perform.

Thanks for your kindness and info Chief and DW. I've had my S.O.S. long before moving to Penquin Town so I guess I can't take advantage of the Private Discussion regarding this effect.

Chief, I really like your ideas and read about the Johnny Appleseed patter recently in a 'magic' magazine. I went to Wally-World to get some fake apples but they were too bit and wouldn't fit in the tube so I guess I'll have to make a trek to our local Hobby Lobby to get to the 'core' of this matter.

I've got a big library show coming up and the reading patter will come in handy. If you get any more ideas that you may think will be a'peel'ing to me - send 'em my way. Thanks and I'm looking foward to hearing from you via email.

George

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:00 pm 
Penguin

Hey there,

You can pretty much make up any story as long as its fun! I suggest checking out "Big Laugh For Little People" by Sammy Smith. He has a neat routine for the strat-o-spheres that has to do with the circus! :D

Have fun! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:45 am 
born to perform.

I appreciate the info Coolguy 3,

I have some of Sammy Patrick Smith's books and a few of his effects. I'll certainly check out Big Laughs For Little People.

George

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:23 pm 
born to perform.

Heres a routine that I found a while back looking through these forums.

Say that the Red ball is a miss-behaving ball that likes to mess around. He keeps on moving from the top of the tube to the bottom of the tube. You get annoyed with the Red ball and send him to his room (the joker box). He can't bare to be away from his friends, so he escapes and joins his friends in the tube.

Hope this helps.

:D DW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:02 pm 
born to perform.

Once again, DW - Thanks!