View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:23 am 
Penguin

Well this is just my 2 cents so take it for what it is worth! First you must have a routine together. Then a routine practiced atleast a hundred times. Then practiced another hundred times. Now you are ready to perform it infront of a mirror. Watch everything you do and say until it is a habit and looks great. Now you are ready to try it out on your family. Do it till they cant stand to see it anymore. Watch how the respond to your routine. Make changes to points of the routine that fall short or get no response. Then and only then take it and perform for a paying audience!

What everyone is saying is true. If you do the show and it is terrible. Your name will be mud and you will be done before you even begin! Plus if you do a bad show the next guy will have a even harder time to get a gig from these people. It will make MAGIC itself look bad. So weigh these things carefully before going any further.

I am sorry that I am not more helpful. But I have tried to help others here on this site. Until someone pointed out some things to me that I had not thought of. I feel by giving you a routine I would only be hurting your chances for further shows and hurting the magic community as well.

Sorry once again,
Vonbodan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:14 pm 
Penguin

I have turned down offers for shows because at the time I was unprepared, at least routine wise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:46 pm 
Penguin

Location: I don't know. the men in the white coats haven't taken off my blindfold yet.
sorry for the misunderstanding. i meant what order to do the tricks in. i'm not that stupid. by the way the party is in a while.

Post subject: routine
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:45 pm 
born to perform.

Vonboden,
Well put! Several shows for free in front of family/friends (with Kids) is good practice. They can tell you what is good and what is not.
Redcard, Yes! I am telling you I have never done a paid job without being FULLY prepared, never.
I did a few free shows to friends kids to see what worked. But even then I had what I thought was a well thought out show. Of course looking back I cringe at those shows because that is how I learned what worked. I did about six free shows in order to feel somewhat ready, and this after attending several seminars with some of the best kid show pro's.
I bet the ones you did without a routine ready doomed others with these people. As I know that if I tried this kind of entertainment for my kid and the show stunk like I am sure your's did, I'd take him to Chucky Cheese's the next time.
Mattmeyers, I wasn't talking about me per se, but others in his area.
Gadgetguy. If you do have a routine and you are wondering what order to do the tricks well, this is what I've been told.
the 1st one should be catchy, then go from the least up to the best. The very best one should be the closer.
I hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:22 pm 
Penguin

Well thank you sluggo! As far as what order sluggo is right. But you should already know this if you are wanting to do this show and make it look professional! I am really not trying to be a jerk! But the things you are still asking is for us to give you a routine. Now if you got one and you want to get peoples opinion on how we think it is list the effects in the order you plan to do them and ask " So what do you think?" You would get better response then asking for a routine. Or what order to do the effects in which is still asking for a routine!

So this is my last bit of advice for you! Take everything you want to do for the show. Then perform them one at a time for about 3 to 4 kids. Take note of the reactions you get. Then take that list and ......... Now you do the rest of your own homework! OK!

Vonbodan

Post subject: SHUT UP!!!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:24 pm 
Penguin

OK! I HAVE A ROUTINE NOW! STOP INSULTING ME! I GET THE IDEA: I SHOULDN'T TAKE AN OFFER IF I DON'T HAVE A ROUTINE! THANK YOU!

Post subject: SHUT UP!!!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:25 pm 
Penguin

OK! I HAVE A ROUTINE NOW! STOP INSULTING ME! I GET THE IDEA: I SHOULDN'T TAKE AN OFFER IF I DON'T HAVE A ROUTINE! THANK YOU!

ps this is the person who originaly posted this topic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:22 pm 
Penguin

whoa there big guy! NO ONE WAS INSULTING YOU!!!!!! AND FURHTER MORE TYPING WITH THE CAPS ON MEANS YOU ARE YELLING! I HAVE NOT BEEN YELLED AT BY ANYONE SENCE GOD WAS A BOY. SO PIPE DOWN! Now if you read what everyone is saying you would learn something. So before jumping to conclusions. Why not reread? That would be a nice start dont you think. I as well as others were trying to help you out! So I would like it if you take it as what it was intended!

Thank you,
Vonbodan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:36 pm 
born to perform.

Pretty good.

Post subject: routine
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:52 am 
born to perform.

Galact,
It's good to hear that you NOW have a routine. NOW that you bothered to do one, rehearse and practice it everyday for at least a month then go out and do at least three free shows and get all the bugs out of it, THEN if you think that you are ready which something tells me you think that you will, go out and take on a paid job.
I hope that all of the posts you had gotten has helped you, as that was there intensions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:17 pm 
Penguin

Gadgetguy, not me, posted this topic. he tried to post a reply from a computer that i was wroking on, and he couldn't log me out, but he didn't realise it untill after he had posted the message.

Post subject: sorry
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:12 pm 
born to perform.

Sorry galact my mistake