View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:12 am 
born to perform.

Location: asylum Occupation: unemployed Hobbies: full-contact origami
why exactly are you worried about investing money for this performance? Before she offered you the show, you had $0.00 to invest in future performances. Now, you have a chance of having $50.00. I don't see the problem. You aren't a professional (your own words) and COULD get $50 for doing something that you normally do for free.

AND YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT LOSING MONEY?

It makes me think that you are scamming her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:26 am 
born to perform.

I suspect he wants to do one kids show and walk away with fifty dollars to buy useless instant downloads.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:14 pm 
born to perform.

i would say for a kids show, just do visual things.like disappearing, appearing, leviating...all that stuff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:37 pm 
born to perform.

I would say that what you should do with a kids show is to, optimally, find a mentor who is a professional kids show magician. Even with that, I would buy books and/or dvds by, and for, kids show magicians. That is infinitely better than making a list of tricks to buy.

I say this as someone who gives speeches, sermons, and has taught kids for twenty years. It is easy to amaze the kids. The trouble is those kids can be every bit as amazed by the shoe laces of the kid sitting next to them as they are with your magic. What you do as a magician, through your script, body language, and experience, makes the difference between doing a good show, and just being there.

I have worked off and on for nearly a year putting together a busking routine that consists of one or two easy card effects (with three or four other card effects as backup,) one rope routine (cut and restore and professor's nightmare) and one relatively easy cups and balls routine. I won a close-up competition last September with the C&Bs and did some short show busking last fall, and I am still not as ready as I need to be. I am still scripting and rehearsing. I plan to fully rehearse my show another 50 times, without an error before I hit the streets next month.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:06 pm 
born to perform.

If you do levitation at kids show, make sure they don't sit on the floor as they can see how the trick is being done, such as Wild Levi or King Rising. I get asked to do kids show from time to time, and I have not done one. I am thinking of actually doing one this year. I have gathered some kids magic tricks and I think I can do it. Some of the tricks I have are- ballons, P & J Illusion, the Mandrain Box, slush powder (watch the demo by Oz), sponge balls, Joker's Tube, Misled, some materials from Darwins' TT magic, the Mini Hipity Hopping Rabbits, the 3D Multiplying Rabbits, some coin vanishing magic, disappearing glass of liquid, the matrix (instant download), equal and unequal ropes (also an instant download), buddha money mystery, and the Dishonest Abe by Greg Wilson. I think I can use the above tricks and make it into a 40 mins. kid show. So you really can use what you have now and perform them for kids. I hope this helps. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:06 am 
born to perform.

Spongeballs, Magic Coloring Book, Vanishing Crayons, Andrew Mayne's Wizard School effect floating broom, TT and silk, Aluminum Cups and Balls, Liquid Metal.