View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:35 am 
Penguin

Very good points made. This is what I did for the 2nd show. It went much better.

I used the all mighty duck tape to make a line that separted the performance area and the wathcing area.

I introduced myself as Mr. Chaugaugagaugmanchaugagaugchunghagunghamug. (not spelled right I'm sure) But I can say it clearly and quickly. I'm pretty sure it's an old Native American proverb that means, you stay on your side, I stay on my side and no one stays in the middle. So I introduce myself as that name and say if anyone wants to stop the show to ask a question or tell how something is done, they need to call me by name. I thought I got the point across and led into laughter as all the kids were trying to say it.

The rest of the show went off great. One kid, 6 yrs. old, was the hit of the crowd.He would stand up after an effect, point his finger at me and say " Now that was weird. very very very weird" His tone and how he said it was great.

I packed up immeidatley after the show and put everything away, then proceeded to do 2 card monte to many of the parents as well as the biddle trick.

Show lasted 5minutes longer than my first show, because I think I slowed down as posted above.

Managing the children will take some practice as it can get hectic with all of them raising hands and jumping up etc. Need to find a way to do it with politeness, humor, but effective.

Thanks for all the great advice. I am going to research other Children type magic, possibley peanut butter and jelly routine. But I also need to find some great Adult type routines. If you know of some, please advise.

Thanks,

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:48 pm 
Penguin

A Miser's Dream routine with a story tailored for children will be a hit with adults as well because they will see some extra skill involved and really be fooled.

Sammy smith has a video of this I think, but you can find it in his book "Big Laughs for Little People"... he calls it "Cash Surprises" with the effect being coins constantly found in the ears of children. Although his variation is a good starting point, you can come up with your own version of the routine. Also, incorporate some neat sleights into the effect. Use what you know well or learn some new sleights that will help make the routine better.

Have fun! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:08 pm 
born to perform.

something good to say would be...

Ok, now i want everyone to stay quiet during the show....kids, same for you.

:lol: