View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:33 am 
Penguin

I buy my Bicycles and blakc tigers from Davenports Magic In London

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:06 am 
born to perform.

How much do their cards cost in there? I might be going to London soon and wanted to get some stuff from there. Last time i planned to go they were closed because of boxing Day :evil:

~~Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:49 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Yorkshire, England. My socks are multi-coloured - I AM THE PARTY !!!! ~Loony Chairman~
is davenports on the strand? The only time I have got anything from davenports was last year I bought Some rope at the Blackpool magic convention Roy Davenport served me, he is a great Magician.
-Team Buzz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:50 pm 
born to perform.

Yeah thats on the strand. Did you see how much cards were? :D

~~Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:37 pm 
born to perform.

how come asda only mainly sells jumbo indexes ?, out of a part of the display on a little rack, there were about 15 packs of jumbos, and only one regular pipped ? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:27 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Yorkshire, England. My socks are multi-coloured - I AM THE PARTY !!!! ~Loony Chairman~
Because all of the magicians are eating them up lol.
-Team Buzz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:57 pm 
Penguin

Im not sure how much they are but I got my new Black Tiger Deck, with red pips, for £6.00 bit expensive but worth it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:46 pm 
Penguin

its so nice to see great playing cards over here. and not expensive either. jeeez i practiced with waddingtons and all that crap. have these companys no shame! lol. poker sized cards feel like heaven 8) - specially cos i have large hands and they really dwarf bridge sized cards. :shock:
i think all playing cards should have to meet some internationally recognised standard of quality. most of the cards i've seen in the newsagent etc. have only to have all the suits and pips and 52 cards in a deck to pass the grade- they are quite appalling and many of them are misprinted or warped, with craply mis-aligned backs :oops: which is a shame since card games/gambling. is such a popular pastime. yup i have to say its very refreshing to see that great quality cards are now becoming so much more accesible to people;
kind regards
oxbladerunnerxo
:) :) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:12 pm 
Penguin

I asked someone to buy some cards for me as they were dropping in at ASDA. Apparently customer service looked 'in the back' and tried to find me a few packs. The only ones they had were Jumbo Index 88 Bicycle cards - is this true with any ASDA you go to?
-Dale

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:56 am 
born to perform.

Yes, this tends to be true for some reason, in most ASDA's they have more of the jumbo index cards than the regular index cards, I have also found that there are more red backed cards than blue, maybe its because blue regular index cards are more poppular, anyways I dont find anything wrong with the jumbo indexes they do the same job.
-Team Buzz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:03 am 
Penguin

Costco are a big wholesale type place which sell cheap stuff, especially if you buy in bulk. But you have to be a member to shop there, and membership is only available to certain professions. My wife works for a bank and she is a member. Next time we go there, I will have to search out these 12 for £10 packs! Failing that, Asda sounds good too.

Last time I went to Davenports, they were selling Bicycles for £3 a pack. Bit pricey if you ask me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 11:12 am 
Penguin

Check out e-bay, there real expensive there too!

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 3:48 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Lol. Being too lazy to actually try the obvious?

Costco!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 11:22 am 
born to perform.

Costco's great. I usually get 24 packs for £20. I get my parents to pay for them usually. I still have a full box in my draw.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:40 pm 
Penguin

I saw some site selling bikes for £4.50 today, nearly had a heart attack.

Does anybody know if penguin ever actually have bikes in? whenever I check they are always out of stock. I'd be happy to put an order in and have it sent to me when they get them, but apperantly I can't do that.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next