View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: coats or brazil?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:48 pm 

whick watch steal video is better coats or brazil?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:12 pm 
Penguin

I have both videos.

Personally, and I know this is going to sound like a cop out, but I like both.

They both have different methods for different situations.

Chappy teaches some very good steals, and his video is hilarious. I like how thorough he is with the basic watch band steal.
He however does not teach the Velcro, "Elastic Expandable", or alligator clasp steals. His reasons are simple.... there are methods.... they are just difficult and you really don't need them.

Enter James Coats. His teaching method isn't nearly as good as Chappy's, however he does cover those very steals that Chappy did not. The tricks and patter Coats uses aren't favorable, but the steals are there. Use the psychology from Chappy's video.

So in the end, if you want to just steal simple latch bacd watches and a couple other kinds INCLUDING the Rolex expandable style, then go with Chappy's video.

If you want to add a couple of other steals to an existing repertoire with some harder to steal watches, go Coat's.

But as much as you are going to hate hearing this, I would buy both, where one is lacking, the other is proficient.

On a side note: I felt kind of sad after watching Chappy's video. All throughout the video I was thinking that this guy would be awesome to meet and chill with. And then I saw the end of the video..... poor guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:27 pm 
born to perform.

For those of you who don't know what happened to Chappy, he was taken from us in a motorcycle accident shortly after filming the watch steal video. I'd say if you only have the money for one video, and are really interested in learning the watch steal, go with Chappy's. Ultimately though, the more sources and teachers you have for one thing, the better off you'll be, because you'll see different points of view and applications, and see which fits you best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:43 pm 
Penguin

The worst part about Chappy's untimely departure, was that he was hit by a police vehicle in the middle of the night. The cop said he was flashing with sirens. All the witnesses say he was full of cr*p. In any event...here's to Chappy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:30 pm 
Penguin

chappy is best some of coats material at end of video is a joke take watch off put back on laugh laugh