View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: WHA THE ???? GROAAN :(
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:14 am 
Penguin

is this normal. i ordered my first download today from the european site. and used paypal to send the cash (saying it included VAT) to maxwell at penguin (which it told me to) i then waited a few hours to see the order was still pending. i checked the order and to my disbelief saw that. the advert that the price included VAT was wrong. as i now owed them a dollar something. for VAT. m- paying extra. i worked out how much this was in english money by useing an online currency converter. and a few hours later. my order is still pending. and the money according to my paypal account is still unclaimed. has any 1 else had this problem. specially pay pal customers. as i thought instand download meant instant download. and am a little perplexed that they havent processed the money i sent them yet. still pending. and why on earth. did i have to pay for the price of the download. excludeing VAT (not like what it said) and the VAT extra?? if any1 could help with this. i would be most grateful
kind regards
oxbladerunnerxo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:24 am 
born to perform.

oxbladerunnerxo wrote:
is this normal. i ordered my first download today from the european site. and used paypal to send the cash (saying it included VAT) to maxwell at penguin (which it told me to) i then waited a few hours to see the order was still pending. i checked the order and to my disbelief saw that. the advert that the price included VAT was wrong. as i now owed them a dollar something. for VAT. m- paying extra. i worked out how much this was in english money by useing an online currency converter. and a few hours later. my order is still pending. and the money according to my paypal account is still unclaimed. has any 1 else had this problem. specially pay pal customers. as i thought instand download meant instant download. and am a little perplexed that they havent processed the money i sent them yet. still pending. and why on earth. did i have to pay for the price of the download. excludeing VAT (not like what it said) and the VAT extra?? if any1 could help with this. i would be most grateful
kind regards
oxbladerunnerxo

I'm affriad not, oxbladerunnerxo. If they got the VAT wrong, that's their problem, not yours. Although, paying with PayPal does longer to go through, than paying via credit card. Even though you did pay via PayPal, I don't see why it wouldn't have gone through, as it should have already. I suggest emailing Customer Service (CustomerService@PenguinMagic.com) about your problem, you will need your order number too. They should be able to help. Next time ordering JUST Instant Download's from Penguin Magic, order form the AMERICAN site (www.PenguinMagic.com). I live in england, and if all you want is an instant download, then buy it from there as there is no cost for VAT from the american site. You will recieve the exact same thing product without VAT. Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

- Lapping.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:57 am 
born to perform.

The VAT is not there, they just have it screwed up on ur orders. it is all a ok.

Paypal takes longer, never buy instant downloads with it because they won't be instant.

~~Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:06 am 
born to perform.

Yes, I agree with Mike, here. Buy Instand Downloads off the American site, as there is no VAT and it will be cheaper. Also use a credit card to pay and it will be instant.

Let me know how it goes mate,
- Lapping.

Post subject: yeeeeeeehaaaaaaa at last
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:26 am 
Penguin

cheers lapping and mikey. ;) :) :) That advice will prove priceless im sure. im just so darn paranoid to net shopping as im really a complete newbie to it. At last everything is settled woooohoooooo haha after my order. was processed and completed. i couldnt get into the site. i was thinking; either the server was down or my pc was dying (which i was dreading) . or maybe that penguin had grown tired of my moaning already hehe. and thrown me out. but allls good and well (for now) thanks alot for the advice.
by the way. was the server down, and has everybody noticed that the video demo music has changed?
all da best
oxbladerunnerox
:) :) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:34 am 
born to perform.

Yes the server was down and you wernt kicked-out. :lol:

And yes the demo music has changed. I'm debating on which one I like better. I kinda liked the old one, but now the new one is growing on me.. :P

- Lapping.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:35 pm 
Penguin

haha yeah. the old 1 was really bluesy and mellow lol. but this 1s alot more upbeat . yeah it does kind of grow on ya lol. next theys going to be a topchart of penguin music hehe now theys an idea. what music is great for magic? i know theys been lots of different types. and its mainly to do with stage magic lol. ermm "itsa kinda magic- queen" is the only 1 that instantly comes to mind, though i remember copperfield's buzzsaw illusion and they were playing "i was dying in your arms tonight" which sounded real cool hehe.. "i got the power" by mc hammer would be a great. (dont know if any1 used it yet lol - though surely they must have
penny for ya thoughts. ( a perfectly normal penny in everyway look...)
kind regards
oxbladerunnerxo
:) :) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:30 pm 
born to perform.

I think it all depends on the effect your pulling off. Notice on different videos on penguin magic, they have different music in the background that suits the theme.... Or your taste of music :lol:

P.S. Do you like my avator? I did it today with the Jerry's Nugget cards I bought :P

- Lapping.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]