View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:32 am 
born to perform.

Absolutely, as a matter of fact, let me dig up some wrist energy right now...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:30 pm 
born to perform.

lol....don't get carpal tunnel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:52 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Last time I noticed REAL magicians, especially that of the adult breed, do not engage in these ridiculous proclaimed acts of "one-ups-manship" or bravado. Penguin kids looking to show off their bite-out coin after having it two hours? Perhaps. A TRUE magician exhibits nothing but the highest regard for his fellow magic colleagues, and will always blend into the backdrop of the environment when another performer has taken the stage.

You would expect a little kid to run up and say "look what I can do" not a professional, mature, adult entertainer. So I do not know who this "essay" is intended for, but perhaps this is EXACTLY the best place to convey these thoughts, as this would be the place that would have the majority of these kids who most likely embark on these personal journeys of disposition, with showy defiance backed up only by their own false expressions of courage, and insecurities.

So I guess here it is expected, but elsewhere this essay would be chuckled at, and puzzling to many, as it is overstating what is already perceived as obvious to anyone with even half a brain. Perhaps it may also be essay time for me again as well. Although I doubt the many kids here who actually participate in these meaningless, and moronic activities will take a second look at themselves regardless. So I believe it is a lost cause in this case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:12 pm 
born to perform.

LPU wrote:
why do people say magic is stupid when it was the FIRST art form AND it basicly formed all of the other arts

what about cave paintings and spear making ?????????? :wink:

Post subject: right on
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:26 am 
Penguin

yes as alot have said, good essey...
i bring fourth a few more points for us to do...you being a magician knowing where alot of things go and what happens you forget to clap show appreciation,this should go fourth for any type of art(where appriote) veiw from a critic's p.o.v. but when s/he is finished introduce your self,then there between you and this ladd/lass, decuss what you think could have been done better, more flowing, critec` his act/performace and tell him what he did good what could have more work done to where to slow down and in other parts sped up...it will make him appricate you more for being such a help...
magiceddie88~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:02 am 
born to perform.

Magic is not really an art form in the same way as music, literature, or painting. In fact these three are not always "art", but are often crafts with artistic elements.

Magic is a craft with some artistic elements, but mostly a craft. It certainly was not the first craft or the first art form. In fact it is debatable when "art" first evolved from crafts.

Post subject: Re: Understanding (short essay)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:42 am 
Penguin

Composing an essay might be testing, particularly when you have various assignments due in the meantime however there a couple of traps that can make the entire process that much simpler. I think writing short essay about love is the best example you can choose for your trouble.

Post subject: Re: Understanding (short essay)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:05 pm 
born to perform.

what the ..... ????