View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Mr. Oz Pearlman
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 12:03 pm 
Penguin

WOW these demos on penguin for all the oz tricks and stealing pips are AWSOME they look like some sweet card magic. im thinking about buying stealing pips is there any other good dvds or videos i should look into? im really really loving how visual this magic is. im no wonderful magician but im not really an amateur either. but i done know alot of card slights i own a stripper deck and do a few things i mostly do sleights with money any suggestions...Oz's tricks look awsome but is there anything else similar i dont know about and what all does Oz have out and what is he coming out with i saw something on some other forum about him coming out with more...wutsup!??! please add your comments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 12:51 pm 
Penguin

I dont own Stealing Pips (I just ordered it :wink: ) but from what I've heard you should have most of the stuff from the Royal Road to card magic down. Hope that helps. I also want to know if Oz has any more DVD's coming. I know there is Born to Preform in August but does he have any others?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 1:06 pm 
Site Admin

At the moment, no the only DVD out by Oz is Stealing Pips. Born to Perform which features Oz will be out in August. It is a teaching DVD taking you from beginner to intermediate card handler (sleights, shuffles some flourishes etc) No other ones are in the works as of yet. He just moved to NY after finishing college and no doubt will be starting his career in finance there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 2:00 pm 
Penguin

I agree. Oz is one of the coolest magicains around right now.

Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:53 pm 
Penguin

thanks for the help chief ...so you can be a total beginer at card magic and be able to learn the tricks on stealing pips and born to perform with some practice? or do you need to know some other stuff and if so what is the "other stuff" i need to know as in what dvd or book should i get to learn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 1:19 pm 
Site Admin

Yes you can be a beginner and learn the material on Stealing Pips, but you should know how to control a card, various shuffles, lifts etc. Basic card sleights, he tells you what moves you need to do, although he assumes you have some basics down. His Born to Perform will be for beginners.

Post subject: Re: Mr. Oz Pearlman
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 5:31 pm 
born to perform.

Location: The Secret Playroom in Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch
zalorthethird wrote:
WOW these demos on penguin for all the oz tricks and stealing pips are AWSOME they look like some sweet card magic. im thinking about buying stealing pips is there any other good dvds or videos i should look into? im really really loving how visual this magic is. im no wonderful magician but im not really an amateur either. but i done know alot of card slights i own a stripper deck and do a few things i mostly do sleights with money any suggestions...Oz's tricks look awsome but is there anything else similar i dont know about and what all does Oz have out and what is he coming out with i saw something on some other forum about him coming out with more...wutsup!??! please add your comments.

pick up malones dvd set for great tricks, sleights, patter, and presentation :D its got it ALL BABY!!!

Post subject: Re: thanks
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 11:16 am 
Penguin

zalorthethird wrote:
thanks for the help chief ...so you can be a total beginer at card magic and be able to learn the tricks on stealing pips and born to perform with some practice? or do you need to know some other stuff and if so what is the "other stuff" i need to know as in what dvd or book should i get to learn

I consider myself an intermediate sleight of hand performer and I can say the Stealing Pips DVD is excellent *and* difficult.

If you're queasy about:

- angles
- long routines (this card goes here but only if this happens, etc...)
- rapid moves in succession

... you might want to step down a level and get comfortable with some of the basics. Because the magic is visual, the sleights are extremely unforgiving and require plenty of practice. But it is some truly excellent material.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 7:50 pm 
Penguin

i ordered born to perform and royal road to card magic and a few other things but i think these things will work out in time but i was jw when oz makes the card change color do u have to get all prepared by doing something else in the routine or can u just pick up the cards and do it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 3:32 pm 
Penguin

The color change can be done fairly impromptu but it is best performed as part of another effect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 4:21 pm 
born to perform.

zalorthethird wrote:
i ordered born to perform and royal road to card magic and a few other things but i think these things will work out in time but i was jw when oz makes the card change color do u have to get all prepared by doing something else in the routine or can u just pick up the cards and do it?

How did you order BTP, its not even out yet...or do you mean stealing pips?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 11:23 pm 
Penguin

ya sorry i mean stealing pips

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 11:41 pm 
Penguin

hey ive got my stealing pips in and ive also got my book royal road to card magic and im enjoyingthem both very much i think ill b able to do most of the tricks in pips with som epractice but itll take ma while one thing im having trouble with is a certain part of the disapearing card trick im not really aloud to describe which part but if u can do it as clean as oz please email me to help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:45 am 
born to perform.

Try the Penguins Only section. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:53 am 
Penguin

hows OZ's RED HOT MAMACITA i ordered it on the 28th