View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Airtight
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 3:47 pm 
Penguin

Okay, Airtight looks amazing and I'm on the verge of buying it, but I have one question. Is the effect reversible (for practicing)? I'm on a limited budget (allowance ^_^) and I don't want to be using up a deck of cards each time I want to practice it. <br> <br>Drew

Post subject: Re: Airtight
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 5:52 pm 
Penguin

you can practice with only one balloon and one deck if you want but it's best to practice with a spare deck first.So have a deck for practice and a newer better one for an actual performance. No matter what you do this is a great trick! I bought it quite some time ago so I've run out of balloons since then.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 1:58 pm 
born to perform.

You'll use up one baloon per practise unless your extremely careful (I don't see how it's possible not to use one up per trick), but the deck is re-usable. The deck does get a little bent out of shape the first few times you try the trick, mostly just because you won't be that good at handling cards inside of a baloon and may bend a few.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 3:03 pm 
Penguin

I've been able to practice several times with the same balloon, but the balloon does get stretched quite a bit after 3 or 4 times. (You need to be very careful and very patient to get the balloons 'unmixed' back to being in a 'deck' form "inside the balloon" without breaking it, but it's possible!) You don't really need to practice more than that, so only the first balloon will be "wasted" on practice. <br> My only hangup is that somewhere I got the impression that the deck actually looks like it's being "sucked into the balloon right before their eyes". I couldn't get that effect when I practiced it so I wanted to see a video clip of it being performed to see how it was really supposed to look. Well, after finding the clip on this site, I realized that it doesn't look like it's being sucked into the balloon at all. I was doing it right all along. It's not as impressive in my opinion, but I'm releived to know that my handling was the same way as on this video. <br> All in all, it's a really great trick. No one will be expecting to see what they are about to see. <br> --Henry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 3:18 pm 
born to perform.

If by "sucked into the baloon" you're looking for the deck to just pop into there while the audience if watching, no, it doesn't do that of course. Buy it does appear that you've more like smashed than sucked the deck into the baloon.