View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:38 pm 
born to perform.

I tell them I have a little helper, then I perform "Creature"....that totally freaks them out....especially when I spread my hands and there is nothing there, then I cup my hands again and the little demon creature appears again. I've had grown men scream like women when I do this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:39 pm 
born to perform.

JDKelley wrote:
I tell them I have a little helper, then I perform "Creature"....that totally freaks them out....especially when I spread my hands and there is nothing there, then I cup my hands again and the little demon creature appears again. I've had grown men scream like women when I do this.

That's great. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:02 pm 
Penguin

i do what i know in my heart to be right

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 5:11 pm 
Penguin

JDKelley wrote:
I tell them I have a little helper, then I perform "Creature"....

What is "Creature"? It doesn't appear to be available through Penguin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 5:17 pm 
born to perform.

"Do what? I wasn't really paying attention"
"I'm still trying to figure out how it works myslef, actually."

Blaine has it all figured out. He just stares at the spectator 8)

Craig

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 11:01 pm 
born to perform.

I always say this "By magic, duh"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 11:16 pm 
Penguin

If I'm doing street magic.... I smile hand them a buisness card and walk away..... although I had one guy call me at midnight to ask me again....lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 10:51 am 
born to perform.

zachbolinger wrote:
What is "Creature"? It doesn't appear to be available through Penguin

No, it's not available through Penguin. It's an Arlen Studios effect. It gets really good reactions. I prefer to perform this in a dim light because it adds to the oddity of the effect, however, it can be performed in daylight.

The description reads:

We all have them, little things living on us! You know, dust mites and small parasitic critters. You have most likely seen blown up photos in a science magazine or on television of them. Yuk!!!! It is interesting to know and point out that some people have even larger things crawling about their person. Magi have been known to carry a small demon familiar with them from time to time. To aid in certain spells and other magical endeavors. Something that must keep to the shadows. Only legend..... till now. Now you can produce a creature at any time in your cupped hands or from a silk scarf or coin purse. Once the creature is manifested itself, open your hands to reveal there is nothing there. Yet, you can re-cup your empty hands and produce the creature once more. Again open your hands to show nothing there. Very easy to do so you can focus on the performance of the great routine and patter supplied or make up your own. This is a performance piece for that special moment when you feel like really freaking someone out!

If you're interested in this effect, PM me and I'll tell you how you can get it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 11:06 am 
Penguin

i use the line that gregory wilson uses in his hundy 500 dvd;

spectator: howd u do that?
me:you really wanna know?
spectator:yeah, yeah
me:bummer!

always gets some good laughs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 1:06 pm 
Penguin

Location: Somewhere south of anywhere and a little bit nowhere...
I always say
" well the first thing i do is...*whisper* practice the trick a lot.
or i say
" It's magic"

or i'll do this: First i point to some guy walking behind the person who's asking me then say "THAT guy" then i slip away while they're looking, if you can pull it off with the right timing then spy upon them while they turn back around they'll be perfectly dumbfounded... :shock:

Post subject: how do you answer ''how did you do that?
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 2:59 am 
born to perform.

how d'you answer a person that you respect and never tell lies at the person like ur uncle,auntie or older person that is close to you.they know you dont sell your soul to the devil. ''how did you do that,i want to know '' the person said :lol:

Post subject: Re: how do you answer ''how did you do that?
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 6:24 am 
born to perform.

Mindfreak172 wrote:
how d'you answer a person that you respect and never tell lies at the person like ur uncle,auntie or older person that is close to you.they know you dont sell your soul to the devil. ''how did you do that,i want to know '' the person said :lol:

I'll admit.....I keep close guarded secrets when it comes to my close-up tricks. Even more so my stage illusions. However, I have been known to tell my Grandmother the method of a few of my effects. She's 82 years old......If she takes the secret to her grave......she probably won't have to keep the secret very long. :shock: Sorry Grandma.

She is the ONLY one, other than my wife, that I will show my method to. I had to show her how I did "Needle through the Arm"...I thought she was going to have a heart attack when I performed this. You should've seen her running around the house....OK, she can't run....but man did she MOVE that day!! I had to calm her down, "No..no..no...look..it's just an illusion.....it's not real....it's alright..." Same with the Balducci. Doing that in her living room was a mistake. She called her Pastor and they prayed for me 8) ......She had trouble sleeping for about a month....she was concerned about my "spiritual well-being". Bless her heart....gotta love her. I finally had to show her so she could get some peace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 4:02 am 
born to perform.

Here's an alternative. Don't actually answer. Just continue with your routine, or steer the conversation in another direction. They're expecting you not to tell them, so they won't mind. This is more appropriate for more mature audiences.

However, for younger audiences who won't leave you alone, I suggest on using the jokey responses.

Post subject: nipples
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 6:51 pm 
Penguin

one time before i did a trick, someone gave me a titty twister, then i messed the trick up

so i always tell them its in my nipple. the right one, not the left

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 5:00 pm 
Penguin

Spect: How did you do that?
Me: I dont know the voices in my head were in control at that time...

Works for my "persona" so to speak...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next