View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 889 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 60  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:43 pm 
born to perform.

Super sharpie review, decent one please thank you so much

Post subject: please review Ultimate coin in balloon by michael Bairefoot
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 3:45 pm 
Penguin

please review Ultimate coin in balloon by michael Bairefoot

i am particularly interested in knowing if this method is suitable for walkaround stiuations / restaurant work. ( angles, set-up and reset).
thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 3:48 pm 
born to perform.

Harleyboy wrote:
Super sharpie review, decent one please thank you so much

Here is my review.

Here is a review:

Price: $33.95

Difficulty
4/10
It is a regular sharpie but it DOES take some pratice. It isn't a trick that you take out and use it, you need to watch the dvd and have the super sharpie inn hand to learn the handaling.

Set-Up
10/10
There is virtually NO setup in this trick, it is a normal sharpie and you can predict many feats.

Practice Time
9/10
I watched the dvd, about 30 minutes, and i was performing the trick in about an hour of getting the sharpie.

Video Quality
9/10
There are multiple views including an over-the-sholder view of the performance, and a regular performance with a real person, also a side view of the performance.

Teaching Quality
9/10
basicly same as above there are multiple teaching views and a real person performance.

The routine
10/10
There is only 2 handalings but here are many predictions to make, i.e. a birthday, favorite # between 1-1000 ect. A deceased friend,relitive (frecks them out) so much more just use your imagination.

Replacment Ink
10/10
In this dvd that comes with it you are shown the step-by-step process to rplace the ink in your super sharpie with out buying another super sharpie.

Gimmick Sound
10/10
Many Many people that have this say that the Gimmick in it makes noise when it is working, NO, it dosn't make any noise at all. You need to uuse it a bit before performing for anyone to get the handling and everything down.

Comments
People have many questions about this trick and i say just BUY IT NOW!!! the gimmick last verry long and i love it. If it runs out of ink then he shows you how to replace the ink.

OVERALL RATING
9/10- Because of the fact that the gimmick takes about a second to work. So you need to "stall" for a few seconds while it works.

Hope this review helps. Made myself

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 5:37 pm 
born to perform.

Ty scottromansky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 5:48 pm 
born to perform.

You are verry welcome and i am always happy to supply people with info. If you have any more questions just ask away.

Scott Romansky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 6:04 pm 
Penguin

Spun By Morgan Stebler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 6:06 pm 
born to perform.

Spun by morgan strebler isn't out yet and probibly ont be out for a few more weeks, Therefore noone has this trick, Therefore no review to give you. Sorry

Scott Romansky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 6:12 pm 
born to perform.

How about Stealing Pips?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 6:17 pm 
born to perform.

kudda2 wrote:
How about Stealing Pips?

Here you go

http://www.penguinmagic.com/discuss/vie ... aling+pips

Scott Romansky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 8:27 pm 
born to perform.

MIL215 wrote:
I was wondering could you make one for:

Color Fusion

I have color fusion. It is pretty good. I don't care much for the method they show on the demo, because it can be difficult to end clean. They do offer a MUCH simpler effect on the DVD that I usee more often than not. The effect is changing the color of the signed card while it's in the SPECS hands.

The only thing I really don't like about Color Fusion is the fact that making the gimmicks can be time consuming. They do have cards that are ready to be performed with, however, they're sold separately, and that's what I use. The downside to those is they are expensive. You get 20 or 25 in a pack and they are around $15.00. That's almost $0.60 a piece!! But it's so much easier to use a card out of the pack than to make your own.

The DVD itself is long and drawn out. He repeats himself 3 or 4 times....well after you got what he said. I had to skip through some of it because it was so repetitive. It almost seems as if he doesn't know how to explain this effect. He doesn't do a good job of doing it. Lots of "umms" and "uhhs". It would have been a lot better if someone else was on it.

On a scale of 1-10.....I give it a 6.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 8:44 pm 
born to perform.

gordob wrote:
45 with thuh Jay Sankster anybody?

Ok I know that was [edited] but I would love a review of all the slights and how he teaches them without words. Thanks.

I have Sankey's 45. I'd love to get rid of it. I don't like Sankey, I never really have. But I got a deal on the video so I bought it. This video has NO DIALOGUE whatsoever. Not one word is uttered on the whole video. Suits me fine, because I think Sankey's comedy blows. It has 45 tricks on it, thus the name "45". About 75% of the tricks shown are with cards. About 20% are with coins, 5% with other objects such as cigarettes, pencils, etc.

The video moves through the effects rather quickly. Sankey will perform the effect at performance speed, then slow it down to explain it ONCE, then show you the breaks, the holds, etc. Then on to the next move. All the while, there's elevator music playing in the background.

It's good for a simple trick or two, but if you're looking for routine material...go somewhere else..you won't find it here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 10:31 am 

45 was meant to be along the lines of Daryl's Encyclopedia of Sleights. It teaches his favorite moves, that's it. No presentation, no routine, nothing else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 3:37 pm 
Penguin

Please Review Strat-O-Sphere

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 4:06 pm 
born to perform.

Sam_Mandlsohn wrote:
Please Review Strat-O-Sphere

there ya go http://www.penguinmagic.com/discuss/vie ... ratosphere

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 7:07 pm 
Penguin

How about one for The Wonder Box?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 889 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 60  Next