View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: ARGH
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 12:40 am 
Penguin

ok i need a really cool trick that cant go wrong i tried showing my brother 2 card monte and he ruined it i want a trick that will show him up and make it so i can laugh at him.... well i could just stop showing him magic

Post subject: Re: ARGH
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 8:47 pm 

Here's what you want to look for in a trick: Is it examinable and is it hard? If its an examinable trick, you know off the bat that you're off the hook 100%. If it's hard, no matter how skilled you are, there is going to be more room for error. Some tricks only fit on of these requirements. Invisible deck is easy but cannot be touched. There's nothing to examine about the Raven but its easy to scroo up. Some of the only tricks I've seen that are easy, inspectable, and stunning are the Scotch and Soda and the Deluxe Pen through the Dollar. There you go - Dan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 1:30 am 
Penguin

I would suggest you try some self-working magic. There are some very good effects that use no sleight-of-hand and no gimmicks. Karl Fulves wrote a book called, Self-working Card Tricks. Check it out.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 8:44 pm 
Penguin

But most self-working tricks aren't examinable. Not all of them.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 3:59 pm 
born to perform.

Get something like the folding quarter or scotch and soda, or if you want cards, maybe something like the svengali deck? Or, you could try out the raven and the bat, things where he has nothing to do with it, like make a coin vanish etc etc.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 11:55 pm 
Penguin

lol i dont really care any more i have got some tricks that can devatate him but thanks for the suggestions anyway

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 12:27 pm 

Fozzie, your approach is wrong. Why do want to perform magic just so you can laugh at your audience? Hopefully this is just a brother thing and you don't take this approach with everyone you perform for. If it is just a brother thing, then don't do any more magic for him. I'm not saying this just to be spiteful to your brother - I'm saying it because he is the absolute wrong type of audience to perform in front of. It doesn't sound like he really wants to be entertained by magic; he just wants to mess up your tricks and make you look stupid. Why subject yourself to that? How will that make you a better magician? There are a lot of people out there who want to be entertained by magic. That's where you should be dedicating your energy, instead of limiting yourself to those few, self-working, easy to do tricks on the market. Don't let your audience dictate your magic!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 11:59 am 
Penguin

spitfire379 wrote:
But most self-working tricks aren't examinable. Not all of them.

Nor are they "self working" :)