View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Mailbag Escape
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:20 pm 
born to perform.

Well its been awhile since i've posted. Anyway, anyone know anything about this escape? Is it worth the money? Thought it would look good with the houdini shackle escape.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:06 pm 
Penguin

I wouldnt buy it i would make it
its simple enough if you understand the mechanics and what not
and there are several ways of putting this off
first are you gong to be inside of a box inside the bag?
if not you should have a way to hide the bag from view while you excape

if you are going to be inside a box inside the bag the possablities are endless..

ninjaloMagi

Post subject: mailbag escape
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:49 pm 
Penguin

That is true. I made one in 5 minutes. It is very simple. I have'nt figured out why they are so expensive. Definetly be out of view while performing it.

Nate :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:58 pm 
born to perform.

I use a mailbag in one of my escapes. It is a heavy-duty canvas bag. Very durable. I use it with a combination of escapes. A transposition or switch routine. Very effective....very well worth the money

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:08 pm 
born to perform.

well, i say you should definetely buy it.i bought one for cheap at daytona magic for like 70 bucks.....theyre really cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:48 pm 
born to perform.

is there a book that teaches you to build some escapes? i don't want to spend a hundred dollars on one trick when i can go to home depot, but 30 dollars worth of supplies, and build 5 tricks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:28 pm 
born to perform.

Building illusions for around 6 dollars is a trick in itself. :lol: You might check out www.Tannens.com. You can get illusion building plans for $5.00 to $25.00, depending on what you're looking for. you CAN build it cheaper than you can buy it....that's true....For example, I had a sub trunk built for me that cost me around $200.00. If I bought one just like it, it would have cost me almost $1000.00. I have almost all my stage illusions custom built for me, or I buy them from other illusionists. Some can be reasonably priced, but I have paid outrageous amounts of money for some of my illusions. It just depends on where you want to go with them. I don't mind paying a lot for my illusions, because I know I'll get my money out of them.

Brenda, I take it you are a Copperfield fan? He's quite a guy. I had lunch with him a couple of months ago. Bought an illusion from him...Got involved in his Project Magic. It's definitely a worth while cause.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:44 pm 
born to perform.

JDKelley wrote:
Building illusions for around 6 dollars is a trick in itself. :lol: You might check out www.Tannens.com. You can get illusion building plans for $5.00 to $25.00, depending on what you're looking for. you CAN build it cheaper than you can buy it....that's true....For example, I had a sub trunk built for me that cost me around $200.00. If I bought one just like it, it would have cost me almost $1000.00. I have almost all my stage illusions custom built for me, or I buy them from other illusionists. Some can be reasonably priced, but I have paid outrageous amounts of money for some of my illusions. It just depends on where you want to go with them. I don't mind paying a lot for my illusions, because I know I'll get my money out of them.

Brenda, I take it you are a Copperfield fan? He's quite a guy. I had lunch with him a couple of months ago. Bought an illusion from him...Got involved in his Project Magic. It's definitely a worth while cause.

sorry to bump an older post, but you had luch with him!? :shock:

What Illusion did you buy from him!?

Wow, you are lucky!how did you get too have luch with him?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:56 pm 
born to perform.

He had a show in Ft. Smith, Arkansas back in Feb. Our IBM Ring hosted a lunch meeting that afternoon (coincidentally) and he was invited to attend. Had a great lunch and a wonderful visit. He's quite a guy. Really nice and very humble. I got complimetary tickets to his show. Had a good time.

I bought one of his old "Celestial Elevators" from him. He had more than one, and commented that he needed to thin out some of his stuff. I told him I would buy it from him on the condition that he donated every penny of what I paid to Project Magic. He immediately agreed and I wrote him a check. I have yet to add it to my shows. Maybe one day I will. Right now, it's loaded up one of our semi trailers..shoved to the back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:51 pm 
Penguin

TScanlan wrote:
I wouldnt buy it i would make it

ninjaloMagi

Not everyone has a workshop so that they can machine a bar for the escape. The mailbags that I've seen were reasonably priced. I'd rather pay for quality, than to have something that didn't look sturdy. If you can fabricate the entire thing, go for it - most can't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:45 pm 
born to perform.

How are you guys building them? Sure, you can make something with the same effect, but the quality must be horrible. The bars are made from solid steel and the bag, think canvas. Where can you find the supplies in your house? I don't think you can. Please explain how you can make one...and what you make it out of.
-Tyler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:11 am 
born to perform.

I call a friend of mine....Paul Osborne....he has built NUMEROUS illusions for me in his shop

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:14 am 
born to perform.

I bought one for $50 because there's a teacher at the middleschool in my district and he has a magic club and because he buys stuff from that store by like, 50 and 60 they give him a discount on everything. He's a nice guy, held the world record for fastest time out of a straight jacket a while ago.