View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Who do you think is the best magician?
David Blaine 17%  17%  [ 56 ]
Oz Pearlman 15%  15%  [ 49 ]
Jay Noblezada 6%  6%  [ 21 ]
Jay Sankey 10%  10%  [ 34 ]
Morgan Strebler 3%  3%  [ 11 ]
Morgan Strebler 3%  3%  [ 11 ]
David Copperfield 45%  45%  [ 150 ]
Total votes : 332
 Post subject: Blaine, Pearlman, Noblezada, Sankey, Strebler, Copperfield
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:38 pm 
Penguin

I think David Blaine and Oz Pearlman are the best.

Post subject: Re: Blaine, Pearlman, Noblezada, Sankey, Strebler, Copperfie
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:47 pm 
born to perform.

8r00klyn wrote:
I think David Blaine and Oz Pearlman are the best.

If you think Blaine and Pearlman are better than Copperfield, you haven't seen Copperfield peroform. If you had the three of them at a close up competition, I'm pretty sure Copperfield would win. Oh, I think Copperfield is the best out of all you listed. He has the best presentational skills and the best sleight of hand. Watch his close up magic and then compare.

Craig

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:10 am 
Penguin

I would say David Devant, but no one in modern magic cares to look back at magic's history of greats past Blaines last special. Of those you listed however, I would also have to say Copperfield is the best. I sat in the third row at his show and was awed throughout it. His greatness comes from his willingness and ablility to mix classic magic with new ideas and times. He is funny, myserious, cool, new, old, and amazing all at the same time. Almost perfect. Far better than Blaine.

BTW, where's Gazzo or Cellini? Or the Maskalynes, or Truman?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:04 am 
This has to be a joke, Copperfeild is the best magician alive today. More people in the world know about him over all of the others combined. He is terific at presenting, and he invents his own illusions.

Post subject: k
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:20 am 
Penguin

kenner
liwag
copperfield

period!!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:21 am 
born to perform.

the most creative by far is sankey but the best of all? hard to say

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:22 am 
born to perform.

Houdini????????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:28 am 
borntorock52 wrote:

How can you say that sankey is more creative than copperfeild??? Copperfield has designed his illusions that have fooled EVERYONE!!! Sankey makes a trick or two that can barely fool laymen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:34 pm 
born to perform.

I'll say one more thing. Comparing Oz Pearlman and David Blaine to David Copperfield would be like comparing a fourth grader's creative writing project to Shakespeare's sonnets. Let's go all out on this. Compared to Copperfield, Oz and Blaine are crude beginners. I'm not suggesting that Oz and Blaine are poor magicians. That's definitely not true. However, once again, when you compare them to Copperfield.....they appear to be beginners.

Craig

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:41 pm 
born to perform.

I've never seen copperfield...but i've met david blaine and brad christian...(who cares about B.C. haha) Blaine is pretty good, but i know all of his secrets so I don't like him as much as I do Oz Pearlman...who's got a problem w/ Oz??? so far I'm the only person who's voted 4 him!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:18 pm 
Penguin

The problem with Oz is that he is like the vanilla magician. He is all basics. His patter is straight out of the box, he has no acting skills, and his technical skills arnt top either. He is Penguin's marketing tool. He is average.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:48 pm 
Penguin

I don't understand why there is even a poll that needs to be taken. Copperfield is the biggest name in magic: period. His illusions defy the imagination. Pearlman is just beginning his career. I am not as critical as John_F about Pearlman but I will say that he is big in one place and one place only: Penguin. He had an Off Broadway show. I think that is wonderful, but Copperfield has won numerous Emmys, featured on 4 country's stamps, continue to be one of the highest paid performers, and is on a lot of professional magician's list of all-time greats. He adds so much to the art of magic from a performance standpoint and from an academic standpoint with his personal library of magical treasures. He is truly an all-time great.

About Blaine...Well, he has revolutionized how magic is shown on TV. Blaine's time has came and went. He is/was successful but has contributed little to the annuls of magic. His performance art of starving himself in a Plexiglass box is ludicrous. Sankey, I enjoy his "Oh My God" video, Papperclipped, In a Flash, Airtight and other strong effects he created. Yet, he has been coming out with some really weak videos of late.

Comparing Copperfield to any of these magicians is like comparing a 7th grade basketball allstar at summer camp to Michael Jordan.

Strebler..... Only time can tell... I haven't seen his show but his Liquid Metal routine is very strong.

Noblezeda...what the edited? Maybe a better poll would be comparing Noblezeda and Oz on who does a better job peddling tricks to beginners.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:02 pm 
Penguin

John_Frawley wrote:
borntorock52 wrote:

How can you say that sankey is more creative than copperfeild??? Copperfield has designed his illusions that have fooled EVERYONE!!! Sankey makes a trick or two that can barely fool laymen.

Ok i agree Copperfield is good but Sankey isnt that bad either

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:08 pm 
born to perform.

Has Blaine ever invented any tricks??? NOT TO MY KNOWLEDGE!!! SANKEY AND OZ ALL THE WAY!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:18 pm 
Penguin

Quote:
Has Blaine ever invented any tricks??? NOT TO MY KNOWLEDGE!!! SANKEY AND OZ ALL THE WAY!

Have you ever created any tricks?

Creating the mechanics for a trick is important but doesnt make or break a magician. MOST MAGICIANS DO NO CREATE THIER OWN EFFECTS! And Oz isnt exactly a creative powerhouse. He made a couple effects and modified some others. Sankey is creative, but Harris has better material I believe.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next