View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Invisible deck suspicions
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:35 pm 
Penguin

I have often used an Invisible Deck with my mentalist routines, or if asked to just do one trick, off the cuff, I will do it, (never twice to the same person,) yet someone often says that they know how it's done, and they ask to see the deck. I can't do anything. Help me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:47 pm 
Penguin

'Well if that's the case then you don't need to see the deck, do you?...... Oh you do need to see the deck? So i guess you don't know how it is done then....... Oh you do, then why do you need to see the deck?... But you allready know how it's done don't you.'

Continue in same vain and just make a deck switch in your pants (switch invisy deck for a real one). If they presist then remove real deck and say 'Fine! do what you want.'
They will probably say 'That's a different deck of cards' as they may guess you switched. So just say 'God there's no pleasing you is there, first you know the secret and want to see the deck, now you say it's not the same. Thsi games over.' and everyone listening will be on your side.

Alternatively work on making your handling with the deck more fluent and relaxed. As soon as they take out the card and see it put the deck away and say 'There you have it.' Take the card back and place it in a pocket (you can put it back into the deck later).

or do alot of tricks involving a real deck. let people touch and shuffle and examine the deck throughout these tricks. Do a deck switch as you laugh or talk. Then do the invisible deck and they won't suspect the cards are different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:51 pm 
Penguin

take control of your spectators, just dont let them see the deck, let them no that you are in control, not them.

Rob

PS: you could just tell them to stay quiet before the trick, let them know that it will "mess" up you magic abilities, and if they say they wana see the deck, tell them you can't do the trick now becuase they where talking, then the other specators will be mad at that person, and he wont say anything again,

PSPS: ive never tried this............i just thought of it now

Rob(again)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:11 pm 
born to perform.

You're probably doing it wrong, IDK.

And why would they ask to see an invisible deck?

Post subject: advice
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:12 pm 
Penguin

heres what I do, since its bicicle I put it in my pocket and say no, then I say " oh fine" and pull out an identicle deck from the same pocket. hope u liked my advice.

peace

aza

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:58 pm 
Penguin

I use the invisible deck patter and tell them that when it turns visible "I think you're about to witness a once in two lifetimes experience." After the trick is done, I ditch the deck somehow, then if they ask to see it I tell them that it's invisible again and show them my empty pockets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:08 pm 
born to perform.

i dont do gimmicks, and i say that gimmicks can be dangerous, people will think what they waant to think, so if they think that 1 trick is a gimmick, then they will think that rest are

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:25 am 
Penguin

I perform the invisible deck very frequently however I marry it in between my mentalism routine and my card routine, all my card tricks are clean and use no gimmics apart from that one but despite that I never give out the deck unless someone begs on their knees in a suicidal state, that way they discern no difference between it and the invisible deck. I also find that if they are just busting for something they can examine, do a metal bending routine and give them the twisted metal as a souvineer ( i know i spelt that wrong, paddy please forgive me), that way they can examine it until their hearts are content.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:36 pm 
Penguin

always wait till your about to leave , example, im in a hurry but check this out ............ when done close the fan and......... gotta catch a bus see ya!!!!
:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 8:27 pm 
Penguin

I only perform it standup. As soon as the card is revealed to everyone, it goes back into the prop case. I'm not going to stop my show so that someone from the audience can examine props. I like to keep props in good condition - spectators damage props.

If performing closeup, you need to eliminate the reasons for people to examine the deck. I perform "Think-A-Card" from a Mark Mason video, for closeup work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 10:21 pm 
born to perform.

sk8board wrote:
i dont do gimmicks, and i say that gimmicks can be dangerous, people will think what they waant to think, so if they think that 1 trick is a gimmick, then they will think that rest are
juz say''what makes you thinked this deck is gimmicked?dyou know that special equipment cost about $500,can i afford that?''

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 10:31 pm 

Getting defensive like that is a good way to convince them you're using gimmicks or to make them go look for themselves. Just switch the deck out if you're going to get caught. There's no reason to argue with them, but I wouldn't use an Invisible Deck first, nor would I do it without a duplicate deck on me to switch in.

Post subject: different routine
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:10 am 
born to perform.

I do an invisible deck routine on and off. I do however use a non gimmick deck for the routine, not deck switches and fully examinable. There are several versions in print all require slieght of hand, the one I use requires a cull, half pass and a mem deck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:31 am 
or a perfect faro with a sac move...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:06 pm 
born to perform.

stacked/back reader deck, dial down, half pass, half pass, serve?