View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: "Are you a magician?"
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:59 am 
Penguin

Has anyone else ever heard that after performing a trick?

"Are you a magician?"

Now, I'm talking about making something flat out dissappear, or levitate while in a social setting. You're not on stage, or billed as a magician. You just happen to be out among people and do something amazing and from somewhere in the corner...

"Are you a magician?"

I mean, seriously! Someone tell me I'm not the only one who keeps running into these people. I didn't search this first to see if its already been posted or talked about, and if it has, I'm sorry. It's just something that has been bugging me lately.

Lets face it, if you just jumped off a fire truck with a bunch of other guys in big reflective coats and used a big hose to put out a four alarm fire, is someone going to come up and ask you "Are you a Fireman?' :roll:

"Are you a magician?' Augh! It makes my brain hurt! The sad thing is, these people aren't even drunk, or under the influence of any barbituates.

The best answer I've come up with is "No, that was a miracle."

Then I take some asprin and have a nap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:09 am 
born to perform.

"yes" :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:29 am 
Penguin

I have had that happen once. I was performing for a couple of highschoolers (I'm 13). After I finished my routine wich was about 5 tricks or so, one of them said "Woah dude that was insane...are you a magician or something?" Of course I didnt want to say any thing sarcastic because they could take it the wrong way and beat the crap out of me. But its like how stupid can these people get....everyone knows I'm not a magician...I'm one of the 4400. (for those who havent seen the 4400 its about 4400 people taken by aliens and when they return to earth they have powers) :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:05 am 
Penguin

And once again my brain is hurting just knowing this is happening to others. :cry:

One day my head is gonna friggin explode, I swear. I just hope when it happens, one of these cheeseheads gets skull shrapnel in thier eye.

I'll talk to you guys later. I need another nap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:46 pm 
born to perform.

Now that's my kinda guy! Woo! Screw the cheeseheads!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:08 pm 
born to perform.

Grab a paper sack, breath into it fifteen times and repeat after me: I will try to grow up; I will try to be more mature; I will try not to let stupid things bother me, because usually when I let things like that bother me, I am doing it out of pride.

When someone asks me that question, I answer yes. Feel free to use that line if you wish.

If you are thirteen and some high school kid asks if you are a magician, they are complementing you. If you don't realize that, then you need to talk to someone. If someone asks you that question, and you find that it enrages you, you need to talk to a shrink.

It is really bad to start listing all of the annoying things that your spectators are doing. If you don't like your spectators, then you are in the wrong profession.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:12 pm 
born to perform.

roleson wrote:
I have had that happen once. I was performing for a couple of highschoolers (I'm 13). After I finished my routine wich was about 5 tricks or so, one of them said "Woah dude that was insane...are you a magician or something?" Of course I didnt want to say any thing sarcastic because they could take it the wrong way and beat the crap out of me. But its like how stupid can these people get....everyone knows I'm not a magician...I'm one of the 4400. (for those who havent seen the 4400 its about 4400 people taken by aliens and when they return to earth they have powers) :roll:

Maybe you aren't a magician. Maybe you are one of the 4400 kids in your town that bought bite-out quarter after watching Blaine, and who wanders through the school annoying people with Fechter's Be Honest, What Is It.

Otherwise, see my post above.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:22 pm 
born to perform.

i'd say "why yes, i am, how could you tell?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:16 pm 
Penguin

Quote:
If you are thirteen and some high school kid asks if you are a magician, they are complementing you.

First of all, I'm 36 years old. Secondly, my post was intended to be a comical "farce" of complaining about something that doesn't bother me as much as it would appear. Make a note of my screen name. You'll see more of this kind of thing from me. I consider it fun.

And finally, thanks for responding to my post. Positive or negative, I like to know I affected someone in some small way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:05 am 
born to perform.

chrisrkline,this is hard for me but for once in my life ive actually agreed with an idiot.looks like everybody at least has a little brain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:05 am 
born to perform.

mystag wrote:
Quote:
If you are thirteen and some high school kid asks if you are a magician, they are complementing you.

First of all, I'm 36 years old. Secondly, my post was intended to be a comical "farce" of complaining about something that doesn't bother me as much as it would appear. Make a note of my screen name. You'll see more of this kind of thing from me. I consider it fun.

And finally, thanks for responding to my post. Positive or negative, I like to know I affected someone in some small way.

So, do people who ask you this question, "Are you magician," bother you or not? I don't detect any sense of comical farce in your original post. Anyway, if what they ask you bothers you, my response is right. I hope you realize that at your age. If what they ask doesn't bother you and you were making fun of people who are bothered by that type of question, then you have to generally agree with me.

Work on the farcical aspects in the future. I am sorry I missed what you meant. I am still not sure what you meant.

Besides, my reference to 13 years old was obviously for the other guy, who did say he was young, and was upset by someone asking the question.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:31 pm 
Penguin

Quote:
I am sorry I missed what you meant. I am still not sure what you meant.

There you go. I confused you. My work here is done.

Then again, I confuse myself on a regular occasion, so its getting esier to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:34 am 
Team Penguin

If you want a laugh after your response...say:

does a fat baby fart?

same thing as saying yes...just a funnier different wording!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:34 pm 
born to perform.

why don't you just say yes?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:53 pm 
born to perform.

"Are You a Magician?"
"Are Rammstein German?"

"Who are they?"
"Look it up, and you'll know if I'm a magician."

or

They laugh.

So either I'm funny, or I promote Rammstein. Perfect.