View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

Who do you think is the best magician?
David Blaine 17%  17%  [ 56 ]
Oz Pearlman 15%  15%  [ 49 ]
Jay Noblezada 6%  6%  [ 21 ]
Jay Sankey 10%  10%  [ 34 ]
Morgan Strebler 3%  3%  [ 11 ]
Morgan Strebler 3%  3%  [ 11 ]
David Copperfield 45%  45%  [ 150 ]
Total votes : 332
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:02 pm 
born to perform.

cardini3 wrote:
Well, i'm sorry if my grammer bothered you, but I could care less what you think!

:D

I think the two jays have a nice dose of showmanship, they are entertainers.
Blaine is on another planet, which is all pure effect and looping together reactions...
Strebler don't know.
Pearlman– no character

Copperfield– creative, and a great showman, as well as being technically skilled.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:26 pm 
Penguin

I like Jeff McBride & Curtis Kam!

Last edited by RealMagic_JL on Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:48 am 
Penguin

Location: its to much peanut butter master its to much peanut butter
Lets try to name all the greats not on the list.Ill start it off.

marlo
nobody on penguin
harris
nobody on penguin
vernon
You get the idea

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:34 pm 
born to perform.

ya, where's Marlo and Harris? Why the edited is Nobelzada on there? He just sells tricks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:12 pm 
born to perform.

COPPERFIELD ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Image Image

Post subject: woot
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:09 am 
Penguin

Oz pearlman>david blaine

(greater then sign)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:51 pm 
Penguin

blaine is the best. copperfield is played out son. he is old and tired. time to move over for the young buckz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:53 pm 
born to perform.

what about Slydini?!?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:44 pm 
born to perform.

dogbreath wrote:
blaine is the best. copperfield is played out son. he is old and tired. time to move over for the young buckz

The trouble with the young buckz (whatever the heck those are) is that they appeal to people between the ages of 12 and 26. I hate to break it to you but people like this do not buy tickets to live magic shows, hire magicians for corporate functions, parties, trade shows or for restaurants. The kids will watch Cris Angel on TV (which is fine,) and advertisers love that group, but there is a limit to the number of magicians that will get a big TV contract. In fact it is not more than two or three. You need to structure your style to attract people who will pay you. Thay means those over 35. They like the goofy glitz of Vegas and Branson, MO. They don't like the goofy glitz of Angel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:21 am 
born to perform.

Yeah, uh Chris, agree and respect the above and all that junk, but to Dogbreath, all of that just went in one ear and out the other.

You'll probably receive a reply going "Naw, [edited] dat [edited], yo, BLAINEZ FOREVERZZZZZZZ!"

Post subject: c'mon dudes . . .
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:22 pm 
Penguin

u guys are all comparing apples and oranges. You can't compare Sankey to, Copperfield and you can't compare Noblezada to Blaine...etc....Copperfield was almost strictly stage illusions, while sankey's strength seems to be mentalism. U wanna compare Pearlman, a dude who is an incredible card magician, with Blaine who likes to make himself popular by performing stunts such as "vertigo", then be my guest, but you can't compare them...they'll all completely different styles of magic. They'll all great in their own way...except Blaine, personally I don't care for him. Sankey is my favorite artist, but I won't go and say that he's better than any of the others cuz they're beyond comparison. He is just personally my favorite.

Peace out.

Post subject: Re: c'mon dudes . . .
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:10 pm 
Penguin

eblake00 wrote:
u guys are all comparing apples and oranges. You can't compare Sankey to, Copperfield and you can't compare Noblezada to Blaine...etc....Copperfield was almost strictly stage illusions, while sankey's strength seems to be mentalism. U wanna compare Pearlman, a dude who is an incredible card magician, with Blaine who likes to make himself popular by performing stunts such as "vertigo", then be my guest, but you can't compare them...they'll all completely different styles of magic. They'll all great in their own way...except Blaine, personally I don't care for him. Sankey is my favorite artist, but I won't go and say that he's better than any of the others cuz they're beyond comparison. He is just personally my favorite.

Peace out.

I am sorry. I strongly disagree with several statements in your post. The mentioning of Sankey as a mentalist is completely false. Sankey's strength is not mentalism but close up magic with cards, coins, and other everyday objects. Sankey dabs in mental magic, not mentalism. If you want mentalism, true mentalism, get out of Penguin Town and look into Banachek, Annemann, Dunninger, Corinda, Cassidy, Maven, Lesley, Osterlind, Becker, Jermay, Earle, and the writings of Derren Brown.

If you want to be Penguin centric, look into Morgan Strebler, his Liquid Metal, Opener, Closer, and PK Silverware by Banachek, Prism by Maven, the Xpert, and some others...

About Pearlman, see John_Frawley 1 - 100 & Gregor, Nik, scorch, Exodus, Fatal, and others about their opinions of Pearlman.

I agree that comparing these performers is a monumental waste of time. I wish the polls with comparisions will just die.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:24 pm 
Penguin

Copperfied just performes. He has a man that designes his ilusions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:29 pm 
Penguin

jay sankey all the way

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:56 pm 
born to perform.

put ammar up there too

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next